Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 500 Endless Reboot Loop

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

VVX 500 Endless Reboot Loop

I have setup and configured over 200 VVX 500's over the last 18 months for our company.  My typical work normally starts with updating the phone to the latest software available in web config, using the polycom hosted server.  Once that completes I configure the auto-provisioning and deliver/install the device. 

The last batch of phones I ordered a few weeks ago, I did the same thing but the update never took.  The first two phones are now in an endless reboot cycle, unable to finish the software update.  The phone will turn on, wait for network a bit, download the new update, and then error out with "Updater has an incorrect signature."  Then repeat the process endlessly.  I have tried using key commands to factory reset, but nothing has worked to get these 2 phones functional to use again.  The shipped software on these was 4.1.7.1473 and the upgrade I selected was the latest available 5.8.1.7278.

Is there a way to fix these phones or are they now bricked?

Should I handle firmware upgrades differently? (besides ignoring them which I have been doing since the issues)

Thanks for your help in advance,

Stephen L.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 500 Endless Reboot Loop

Hello @Stefanozz,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Unfortunately you must have been caught out with a Software Version we had release due an accident.

We had a similar discussion => here <= and uploaded new Versions => here <=

The easiest is to setup your own server in order to never depend on a hosted version:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the fast reply @SteffenBaierUK.  

I will look into setting up my own software update patch server.  But my primary question remains, what can be done with these phones that are acting up?  

-Stefanozz

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Stefanozz,

to my knowledge without a local provisioning server there is nothing you can do.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4