Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have setup and configured over 200 VVX 500's over the last 18 months for our company.  My typical work normally starts with updating the phone to the latest software available in web config, using the polycom hosted server.  Once that completes I configure the auto-provisioning and deliver/install the device. 

The last batch of phones I ordered a few weeks ago, I did the same thing but the update never took.  The first two phones are now in an endless reboot cycle, unable to finish the software update.  The phone will turn on, wait for network a bit, download the new update, and then error out with "Updater has an incorrect signature."  Then repeat the process endlessly.  I have tried using key commands to factory reset, but nothing has worked to get these 2 phones functional to use again.  The shipped software on these was 4.1.7.1473 and the upgrade I selected was the latest available 5.8.1.7278.

Is there a way to fix these phones or are they now bricked?

Should I handle firmware upgrades differently? (besides ignoring them which I have been doing since the issues)

Thanks for your help in advance,

Stephen L.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Stefanozz,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Unfortunately you must have been caught out with a Software Version we had release due an accident.

We had a similar discussion => here <= and uploaded new Versions => here <=

The easiest is to setup your own server in order to never depend on a hosted version:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Stefanozz,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Unfortunately you must have been caught out with a Software Version we had release due an accident.

We had a similar discussion => here <= and uploaded new Versions => here <=

The easiest is to setup your own server in order to never depend on a hosted version:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast reply @SteffenBaierUK.  

I will look into setting up my own software update patch server.  But my primary question remains, what can be done with these phones that are acting up?  

-Stefanozz

HP Recommended

Hello @Stefanozz,

to my knowledge without a local provisioning server there is nothing you can do.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.