Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 500 Line Key Program

AmcomIPTel
Occasional Contributor

VVX 500 Line Key Program

Hi,

I have been trying to add a line key on a VVX 500 via provisioning server

it is a speed dial key, which allows you to dial directly, or transfer a active call to

Is there any chance to do it via phone1.cfg, not using directory.xml, this would be a reception speed dial for everyone ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 500 Line Key Program

Hello ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A phone1.cfg is no longer used with a VVX500 as explained => here <=

The directory.xml file is needed to provision the phone with this number.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
AmcomIPTel
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your reply, we have customers from different companies all under 1 folder (tftp), therefore we don't want to create a directory file, as it will apply for everyone

can we create a directory file (e.g. <mac>.dir), then in broadsoft, we create the group template to quote that directory, therefore, this directory only works for a specfic group, not for everyone

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello ,

We encourage all users to read the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

The Directory structure and functionality is explained => here <=

Please work with Broadsoft directly regarding their provisioning structure.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4