Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are having some issues with group of VVX 500's that were deployed about 22 months ago. On several of these the screens are starting to fade so they are not readable ( see attached ). We have put the backlight settings ( both backlight on intensity and maximum intensity ) on the highest settings with no improvement. We are concerned that beause this is a group of phones ( 4+ ) that maybe its not an isolated issue. We have well over 1000 of these deployed and this is the first time we have come across this. Any ideas or suggestions?

Scott

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello scotttunis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you brinh this to the attention of your Polycom reseller so they can raise a ticket with Polycom support so we can track and investigate this,

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are the reseller.....

HP Recommended

Hello scotttunis,

please go ahead then and escalate this into our Support team so we can work with Product management on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Has solution been found for the fading Polycom VVX500 displays? 

We purchased 36 phones from Ring Central at about the same time, 4/2013, another user on your website indicated they purchased theirs. 

HP Recommended

I would suggest contacting your Polycom reseller and have them see what they can do for you. Mine was very responsive to our issue.

Scott

HP Recommended

How very disapointing, instead of sharing the fix online for others to read and potentially use as a solution to their own problems you would rather everyone jump through the hoops of logging a individual support call with polycom and extend their downtime.

Coming from a Cisco environment and having inherited a polycom phone system I'm very displeased with the poor service.

HP Recommended

Hello Boris2016,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Depending on issues encountered we do post online advice. Not knowing what your individual issue is it would be difficult to comment.

If there is a hardware issue with your clients phone(s) then we need to check you entitlement in regards with a potential out of warranty status.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.