Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Looking for some help setting up some VVX 500 sidecars for a customer.  I would like to use the provisioning files and put the xml in the override foder or something similar to make the configurations easy to manage.

I can provide further information upon request.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello wwestley3,

most likely a formatting issue or wrongly provisioned. Check your logs is all that I can advise.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello wwestley3,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for the quick response.  To confirm that I am understanding the article you provided correctly, so I would need each extension that I want to get presence information for on my sidecar added as a line.  Once it's added as a line, I would then put in my markup to do the lineKey.Reassignment with the proper category and index of where it's located in the line configuration?

HP Recommended

Hello wwestley3,

it depends if this is for LYNC or SIP.

For LYNC the presence cannot be defined as this is automated by LYNC. 

For example if you define 5 Keys for presence the first 5 contacts from LYNC will be placed on there.

For SIP you simply define which BLF or Presence Contact (Buddies) you want.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Here's what I have configured:

In the override/mac-phone.cfg file for this account:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<phone1>
<lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1"
lineKey.9.category="Presence"
lineKey.9.index="1" />
</phone1>

Here's the directory item:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<directory>
  <item_list>
    <item>
      <fn>335</fn>
      <ct>108</ct>
      <sd>1</sd>
      </item>
  </item_list>
</directory>

The 335 label I have in the directory shows up, but it's on the home screen on the phone and not the sidecar.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello wwestley3,

Does the Key itself move on the VVX itself or not ?

The above feature is only supported since a certain software version so you should double check this as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

No, it's still in the second position underneath where it shows the label for my extension.  Please let me know if you need any other configuration files or pcitures that may help. 

HP Recommended

Hello wwestley3,

you still have not provided any information what software version you are actually running on the VVX.

I just tried this for example with a VVX 600 running the latest UC Software 5.3.0:

feature.presence.enabled="1"
		lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1"
		up.screenCapture.enabled="1"
		lineKey.1.category="Line"
		lineKey.5.category="SpeedDial"
		lineKey.1.index="1"
		lineKey.5.index="1"
		reg.1.address="3030"
		reg.1.auth.userId="3030"
		reg.1.server.1.address="10.252.122.122"

<directory>
  <item_list>
    <item>
      <fn>Test</fn>
      <ct>3031</ct>
      <sd>1</sd>
      <rt>ringerdefault</rt>
      <pt>0</pt>
      <ad>0</ad>
      <ar>0</ar>
      <bw>1</bw>
      <bb>0</bb>
    </item>
  </item_list>
</directory>

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We are currently running 5.1.3, but I upgraded this phone to the lastest version for testing.  Are there any logs or configs that I could provide to better assist?

HP Recommended

Hello wwestley3,

simply factory reset your phone, copy & paste my example, add the password and correct the server details and then test it.

If it still failes work with your Polycom reseller as they can open a ticket with Polycom support for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.