Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 500 - Unable To Use Web Configuration Interface After Updating To 5.2.0

SOLVED
SerEvergreen
Occasional Visitor

VVX 500 - Unable To Use Web Configuration Interface After Updating To 5.2.0

Good day to everyone in the Polycom Community!

Currently, I am using a Polycom VVX 500 with the following tracking information:

Assembly: 3111-44500-001 Rev:A

S/N: 0004f2609ebe

Factory Installed Certificates

After having updated the phone to 5.2.0 no matter what I attempt (from rebooting/reformatting/re-provisioning to changing network interfaces and hardware around), I am unable to access the web configuration interface because it would yield a 404 every time. I have been able to successfully replicate this bug multiple times by downgrading then moving up to 5.2.0 slowly, version by version, and only 5.2.0 experiences this issue.

Hope to hear everyone's idea on this case soon, and thank you for taking your time to solve this!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 500 - Unable To Use Web Configuration Interface After Updating To 5.2.0

Hello SerEvergreen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Since upgrading to UCS 5.1.1 and running LYNC base profile I can no longer access the Web Interface

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK

Hello SerEvergreen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Since upgrading to UCS 5.1.1 and running LYNC base profile I can no longer access the Web Interface

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
SerEvergreen
Occasional Visitor

Oh my, such a subtle change that I did not think of checking...Albeit, admittedly, disabling the web configuration interface by default like this is quite inconvenient, if I am to be perfectly honest...

Regardless, thank you so much for your support, and I hope everyone can see this solution for easily from now on!

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK

Hello SerEvergreen,,

It is only disabled in LYNC base profile mode at the request of our partner Microsoft. The fact is stated in the Release notes.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 4