Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So I am running both a VVX 500 and VVX 600 at two offices. I am unable to find any documentation regarding displaying video on the screens?

These devices are both h.263 (and h.264 i believe?)

I wish to use my company video server to stream internal video to these screens. Using SIP to establish the connection from the video server should be a simple task?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello p0lycom2014,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

From Factory the VVX's if a camera is plugged into the units and the phones are at least running UCS 4.1.3 Software then a video call will be enabled automatically.

A restriction may be your SIP server not supporting video.

In order to stream some third party video to the VVX via a SIP call you simply would reverse engineer an sucesfull call.

I have no instructions available for Polycom End users on how to do this. You may want to contact a Polycom sales Engineer in order to work with them.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

ahh yes reverse engineering, actually quite fun to (try) and do!

I should have mentioned that I do not have a USB camera installed on these phones.

I also work for a Polycom partner, however, I just chose to setup a quick account on this site for access.

I am certain that the SIP server supports all codecs, including video. At least h.263, but I would be open to other codecs as well.

When you say reverse engineer the call, can you clarify on that?

HP Recommended

Hello p0lycom2014,

you would require a working video call via a trace and then play the same to the phone adding your "stream"

I would suggest to use the Microbrowser instead as using SIP would most likely block the phone for calls coming into it.

The Microbrowser supports HTML5 and you can test this yourself by adding the following link via Settings > Microbrowser => Main Browser Home:

http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html

The H.264/MP4 video can be played via the browser.

The Web Applications Developers Guide => here <= has more details on the Microbrowser itself. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.