Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VVX 500 and a Color Expansion Module 2201-46350-001 connected to an asterisk server running SIP. Phone is on 5.4.0.5841

I have connected it to the 500 and it powers up fine and all lights flash as they are suppose to. But the BLF's I have configured are not showing on the Expansion Module. It is a blank screen with the back light.

I am currious to know if there is any way to see if they are talking correctly. I can go into the phone settings then status and I see EM1. Type: LCD, Version 0.07, Assembly:3111-46350-001 Rev:A and ther serial number.

If i go into the web UI there is nothing showing the EM is connected. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just to clarify i do NOT see this in the Web GUI

HP Recommended

Hello lazerexp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 22, 2014 Question: Which VVX Phones support the new Expansion Modules and what Software Version is required?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ explains that this menu is only for the Paper Expansion Module.

Could you provide part of your configuration you use for the BLF?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The file was created by Schmooze Endpoint Manager. I sent you everything but the directory file. I removed usernames and passwords and server IP's

The second file is a picture of the phone with this configuration.

HP Recommended

Hello lazerexp,

I am unaware what the Schmooze Endpoint Manager is but whoever provided it may misunderstand how our phones are programmed and utilized.

attendant.resourceList.x.address=""
attendant.resourceList.x.label=""

The X position of the above is not used to determine the position of the BLF on the phone.

Usually you start with X being 1 and the 2 and so on as explained here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Secondly by removing the IP addresses in this case I am unaware if these BLF's are really on the same server as your registered line 1 as we only support BLF's on one server or as defined by attendant.reg parameter if more than one Line to different servers. 

If you want to shift the BLF's to the expansion module please check:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.