We currently testing contact directory using VVX500 (version 18.104.22.16884) under broadworks, but the VVX500 not update the contact directory after get the [MAC]-directory.xml first time.
Example as below:
1. [MAC]-directory.xml (with 10 records) from broadworks ---> VVX 500 (now with 10 records)
2. Then broadworks update the contact list with 20 records and confirm the [MAC]-directory.xml with 20 records
3. Reboot VVX500, check and found out it upload the phone [MAC]-directory.xml to broadworks server, now the [MAC]-directory.xml at broadworks with 10 records
4. Once the VVX500 rebooted, the VVX500 get the [MAC]-directory.xml from broadworks which is 10 records
5. Now I recreate the contact list with 20 records again. And disable file permission, so the VVX500 cannot upload the xml file
6. Reboot the VVX500 again, confirm the phone retrieve the [MAC]-directory.xml from broadworks. But the VVX500 still shows only 10 records at contact directory
Also I add the [MAC]-directory.xml under [MAC].cfg for update every 2 hours, check the phone retrieve the xml but not update too. Please help.
welcome back to the Polycom Community.
I cannot confirm this using a normal FTP server.
I would suggest you run a wireshark trace and then check via following the TCP stream to verify what the phone is loading.
The next step is then to raise a Polycom support ticket via your Polycom reseller.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services
did you ever get a solution to this please, as I'm suffering from a similar problem. The directory only updates on reboot and not on a schedule..