Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have setup a test Openldap server on ubuntu, openldap v3. I can't get anything to show on the vvx 500. It seems to be authenticating correctly, no error is shown connecting but there is just an empty directory.  I confirmed using another client that the server is running correctly, and can be reach.

Here is the contents of the OpenLdap:

dn: dc=condoresorts,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass:
dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: condoresorts
dc:
condoresorts

dn: cn=admin,dc=condoresorts,dc=com
objectClass:
simpleSecurityObject
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn:
admin
description: LDAP administrator
userPassword: xxx
dn: ou=Golf
Courses,dc=condoresorts,dc=com
objectClass:
organizationalUnit
ou: Golf Courses

dn:
cn=Starfire Starfire,ou=Golf Courses,dc=condoresorts,dc=com
l:
Scottsdale
cn: Starfire Starfire
givenName: Starfire
sn:
Starfire
objectClass: inetOrgPerson

dn: cn=asdf
asd,dc=condoresorts,dc=com
l: Scottsdale
cn: asdf asd
mail:
asdf
facsimileTelephoneNumber: sadf
givenName: asdf
sn: asd
mobile:
asdf
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
o: sadf
postalCode:
asdf
st: asdf
street: fdsa
telephoneNumber: asdf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello KyleWatson,

could you kindly mark this post a a Solution?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello KyleWatson,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 30, 2012 Question: Can I use a central Phone book or is LDAP / Corporate Directory supported?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post list:

Details regarding the setup or troubleshooting can be found in this Technical Bulletin => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

By default should the corporate directory display contacts?

HP Recommended

Hello KyleWatson,

if you search for them yes.

Please utilize the linked document that I replied with and remember that the community is not a replacement for the Polycom support structure.

If you are experiencing support related issues you must contact your Polycom reseller. If this is not possible please contact Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I spent several hours to the polycom reseller tech support, everything looks good on configuration was the conclusion but still nothing shows up.

I am going to take your documentation and reinstall a fresh server using the OpenLdap quickstart guide. I am going to follow their documentation precisely. If this still yields no results, how do I contact polycom support directly?

HP Recommended

Hello Kyle,

this is outlined in my signature and => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Depending on the Software Release the Phones are running a Productivity Suite License is needed.

Free Site License (excluding VQMon) can be found => here <.

Does the above information apply to openldap? My phones have no site liecense assigned to them.

HP Recommended

Hello Kyle,

the VVX uses UCS 4.0.0 or newer so no license is needed.

For the rest please follow up as already advised.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

After doing lots of research, switching to active  directory, I've come to find out that using openldap my entries are being filtered incrorectly.

For example, using wireshark I see the vvx 500 use this as a query filter: (&(&(cn>=0)(cn<=zz))(cn=A*))

Why is the phone inserting cn>=0 and cn<zz?

This filter yields correct results: (&(cn=A*))

HP Recommended

Hello KyleWatson,

on the ‎06-08-2013 at 08:06 PM I replied with the following:

Details regarding the setup or troubleshooting can be found in this Technical Bulletin => here <=

Accessing the link as suggested above will show important details in regards of using OpenLDAP on page 21 as follows:

Step 5: Modify the ORDERING in the schema
By default, the Open LDAP server is not configured to support the phone LDAP client’s search operation (<= for less than or equal to, >= for greater than or equal to). The Open LDAP server’s core.schema file has to be modified to add ORDERING caseIgnoreOrderingMatch in both the object class surname and givenname. Once changes are made, the LDAP service must be restarted for changes to take effect.

Above explains how we are searching for an entry.

cn>=0 is used for <= for less than or equal to

cn<zz is used for >= for greater than or equal to

Hopefully this answers your question and for any follow up issues the escalation path has been explained.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.