Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

core.schema file has to be modified to add ORDERING caseIgnoreOrderingMatch in both the object class surname and givenname. Once changes are made, the LDAP service must be restarted for changes to take effect.

hmmm. I have edited the core.schema with those changes, prior to this conversation. I've been fairly careeful to follow the installation precisely.

I am using an ldap tool, where I can plugin the filter, and removeing (&(cn>=0)(cn<=zz)) will populate a result were as (&(cn>=0)(cn<=zz)) yields no results.

I am goin to run a search for core.schema, maybe there is more than 1 file. It also says in the instruction you must set

The dir.corp.filterPrefix attribute must be set to Null.

How can I double check this setting? Or is that something that our provider would have to override. I know the phones pull down a configuration file (.xml) from our hosts servers, can we override their settings?

HP Recommended

Hello KyleWatson,

again I just need to remind you that for support issues you must work via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Do I always need a Provisioning Server or can I configure a Phone via the Web Interface or via the Phone Gui?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Changes imported via the web interface have a higher priority than the configuration files so you should be able to simply import any parameters in the correct XML format.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I think adding explicit filtering on the buttons finally solved our issues.

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Polycom_Corporate_Directory

Adding the below attributes in the local config on the phone seems to have fixed our issue. The link i provided was extremely helpful with setting up openldap with your phones. You helped quite a bit with that last post, I finally got around my head how to alter the local config file on the phones with the xml.config file. Thank you so much for your help.

dir.corp.attribute.1.name="sn" 
             dir.corp.attribute.1.label="last name" 
             dir.corp.attribute.1.type="last_name" 
             dir.corp.attribute.1.searchable="1" 
             dir.corp.attribute.1.filter="" 
             dir.corp.attribute.1.sticky="0" 
             dir.corp.attribute.2.name="givenName" 
             dir.corp.attribute.2.label="first name" 
             dir.corp.attribute.2.type="first_name" 
             dir.corp.attribute.2.filter="" 
             dir.corp.attribute.2.sticky="0" 
             dir.corp.attribute.2.searchable="1" 
             dir.corp.attribute.3.name="telephoneNumber" 
             dir.corp.attribute.3.label="phone number" 
             dir.corp.attribute.3.type="phone_number" 
             dir.corp.attribute.3.filter="" 
             dir.corp.attribute.3.sticky="0" 
             dir.corp.attribute.3.searchable="0" 
             dir.corp.attribute.4.name="o" 
             dir.corp.attribute.4.label="company name" 
             dir.corp.attribute.4.type="other" 
             dir.corp.attribute.4.filter="" 
             dir.corp.attribute.4.sticky="0" 
             dir.corp.attribute.4.searchable="1" 
HP Recommended

Hello KyleWatson,

could you kindly mark this post a a Solution?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If possible, please link to the above website for installation on debian with openldap. That would've have saved me a lot of time. or contact the author and ask if you can include his text into your manual.

HP Recommended

Hello KyleWatson and all,

as I had a support case I created a FAQ post => here <= that documents this in detail.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.