Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Phone: VVX500

Firmware: Latest

I have a situation where I have phones that register to SIP proxy.  On INVITES the SIP proxy always sends a 407 auth error with a nonce so the phone can complete the handshake and the SIP proxy can continue on and ring the other phone.  I do a packet capture at the SIP proxy and also set SIP verbosity to debug on the phones.  From the SIP proxy all I see is:

phone_1 "INVITE phone_2" => sip_proxy

sip_proxy "407 auth error + nonce" => phone_1

phone_1 "ACK" => sip_proxy

Then it just stops.  It looks like it gets the 407, then ACKs then just quits.  This is incorrect.  I suspect some network appliance in this office is mangling/dropping my SIP traffic, so I do the aforesaid logging directly on the VVX.  The result after trying to place a few calls is:

Full trace at http://pastebin.com/28CyTrMS (had to remove it because of the text limit for posts)

I'm trying to understand this logging but am not completely clear what is happening.  It looks like a call is attempted, then after resolving the SIP proxy it tries to call and fails after 15s.  The following could be the culprit, but I just want to understand exactly what this means (how is the retry maxing out? what is the .5s timeout, etc?):

0423094106|sip |3|00|To Server 1 of 1 Retry INVITE send 31500 of max 31500
0423094107|sip |1|00|Client State finished INVITE (0x1095e84)
0423094109|sip |1|00|TimeOut500ms Call (0x1073d94) finished
0423094109|sip |1|00|Dialog 'ide7f65fc2' State 'Trying'->'Terminated'

Does this SIP logging (both the complete log and the small snippet above) look weird for any reason?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello redwolf890,

Welcome back to the Polycom community.

Could you kindly ensure that you follow up all your earlier posts => here <= in order to verify that they are all followed up and up to date ?

This ensures that other users can profit from the updated post’s and may prevent double posts of the same issue.

In addition its always useful to provide the exact software version as in months or years to come nobody will know what the latest software was at the point of you originally posting.

Only quickly looking at this I would suggest you raise this via your Polycom reseller in order to bring this to the attention of Polycom support as this is at least for myself outside the scope of the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay, thanks Steffen.  I figured it probably was out of scope, but I always prefer to come here first in case it pans out and someone has had this problem before.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.