Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am running 5.2.0.8330.

When I run a "check for updates" on the phone - it seems to find the update.   however, when I select to update the phone (it warns of a reboot, etc) - it does nothing.   I can't figure out a way to trick it into updating.

Also, I assume that the upgrade process can be controlled by the Lync server (as it was in the CX600 model.  It's not exactly clear, but is the BIN file that I am looking for not available as of yet?

_G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Greg,

we have not yet released the latest UC Software 5.3.0 as a Cabinet (CAB) file yet as explained above.

I would suggest you check this deployment guide => here <= for further details

• You can upgrade the VVX phone via the LYNC server using CAB files the same ways as a Optimized for LYNC phone aka CX Phone
  • You cannot configure the VVX Phones via the LYNC server, a provisioning server is required for this

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Cody,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

most likely the same issue as already posted => here <= and => here <= and => here <= and => here <=

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Future software Versions will have this fixed and documented in the release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So, after reading through several pages - I finally found what I think that you are saying - that this is a recent bug and the ONLY way to upgrade is from a provisioning server, is that the fact?   At the risk of this question being included elsewhere in this forum, you mentioned that a new version would be 'fixing' this bug as I don't have a provisioning server configured - so the provisioning server is unavailable as a solution.

Also, my 2nd qusetion - the unavailability of the BIN file for 5.3.0 - I had read on a blog that updates for VVX phones in Lync could be managed from the Lync server - so, once the BIN file comes out - can the upgrade happen there?  or, am i misunderstanding the process.  (we are new to VVX phones w/ Lync and piloting them to replace our PBX)

Also, hopefully an improved forum search will help redundant questions - as an initial forum search for "vvx 500 5.3.0 upgrade" failed to provide any of these links.  

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Future software Versions will have this fixed and documented in the release notes.

Hello Greg,

once our Partner Microsoft has finalised the certification we will release the UC Software 5.3.0 as a Cab file.

In the mean time please follow the above FAQ post in how to setup a provisioning server. It is pretty simple and will assist you to easily roll out phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Also, my 2nd question - the unavailability of the CAB file for 5.3.0 - I had read on a blog that updates for VVX phones in Lync could be managed from the Lync server - so, once the cab file comes out - can the upgrade happen there?  or, am i misunderstanding the process.  (we are new to VVX phones w/ Lync and piloting them to replace our PBX)

Does the VVX 500 have the ability to have it's udpdates managed completely in the LCP (after following a process similar to the one that worked with the cx600)?    

It does not appear that there are tons of poeple doing this.  Per my perception.

HP Recommended

Hello Greg,

we have not yet released the latest UC Software 5.3.0 as a Cabinet (CAB) file yet as explained above.

I would suggest you check this deployment guide => here <= for further details

• You can upgrade the VVX phone via the LYNC server using CAB files the same ways as a Optimized for LYNC phone aka CX Phone
  • You cannot configure the VVX Phones via the LYNC server, a provisioning server is required for this

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.