Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone

Configuration. VVX500. Version 5.3.0.12704. Lync server is a multi-tenant service provider.

We are testing VVX500 telephones in a Lync environment. The idea is that our users will not have a Lync client installed on their PC and will use the VVX500 as a 'normal' telephone.

On the telephone, there is a Forward button to forward all calls. This works.

Using the Web Configuration, there are a number of options in the Settings / Lines for setting 'If Busy, Forward', 'On No Answer, Forward', and 'On Do Not Disturb, Forward'. These do not work. Or at least we have not been able to get them to work.

I would really like to know if it is possible for the VVX500, with the Lync configuration, to be setup so that calls can be forwarded on Busym No Answer, and Do Not Disturb.

If it is possible, any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks - Patrick

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello again

With the lack of response on this message, I guess that the settings in the Web Configuration do not work and the only way to set the telephone to forward on no answer eller busy can only be done if I also install a Lync client on my PC and configure Lync forwarding on no answer. Pity that the user needs to install a Lync client on their PC. Could as well drop the VVX and just go with a headset.

😉 Patrick

HP Recommended

Hello Patrick,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Community participation for Polycom employees is not mandatory and all of us have "normal" day jobs so we reply if and when we can or have an answer.

This is also explained here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

If this is an urgent enquiry please work with your Polycom reseller or await an response.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

The post was not a comment on Polycom employees. Just hoped that I could find out if the functionality descibed in my post was available or not. My problem is that the Web Configuration interface has the forwarding options that I am looking for, but when I test the options they do not work. So really just hoping that someone in the forum (Polycom, supplier, or customer) could give me an indication if the forwarding options actually work or not. If not, then I do not need to waste my time trying to test them 🙂

Regards - Patrick

HP Recommended

Hello. Just a follow-up if anyone is interested.

According to our supplier, who has been in contact with Polycom, it is not possible to setup forward on no answer or forward on busy directly from the VVX telephone, using the Lync base profile, if the Lync system is using a SIP line for handling outside calls (without purchasing an external device). Apparently, it should be possible to setup this functionality if the Lync system is using ISDN for handling outside calls.

In our case, this means that we must go into a Lync client on our PC to setup call no answer forwarding.

Regards - Patrick

HP Recommended

Hello Patrick,

I believe your Reseller was working with my Tier 2 colleague and this case is now with me in Escalation. I am currently working this and if a workaround is found or escalated will update you here.

I am unsure why you would require an addition external devise so please stand by until I can provide more details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.