Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 600 - Bluetooth Headset Call Waiting / Missed Call - Continuous Beeb

Occasional Visitor

VVX 600 - Bluetooth Headset Call Waiting / Missed Call - Continuous Beeb

Thank you in advance for an help.

I have several VVX 600 units.  I also have the Sennheiser MB Pro 1 headsets.  It is a bluetooth headset.  I have used it on my iPhone and other devices.  When I am on a call and another call comes in (call waiting) there is an audiable beep that is heard in the headset. When the party that is calling hangs up or leaves a message, on my iphone, the beep goes away.  On my vvx 600 the beep continues until I hang up.  If I am on an hour long call, I get the beep in my ear ~ every 6 seconds.  If it would go away when the party calling in hangs up / leaves a message that would be great.  If I need to kill the beep all togther that would also be great.

Any input is appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 600 - Bluetooth Headset Call Waiting / Missed Call - Continuous Beeb

Hello Adam,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition you may want to look at:

Sep 24, 2012 Question: How can I disable the message waiting tone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Visitor

I have exact same issue times 15. I purchased this headset for myself and many employees. 

I get the double beep. I am running the latest firware on the headset .. 1.1.15

Ony my polycom VVX600s .. v 5.3.0.12074

Message 3 of 5
Visitor

also should have added that i replicated the call scenariou when the headset is attached to an iphone rather than the vvx600 .. the double beep indicated a second incoming call (call waiting) stops as soon as the call is sent to voicemail. 

So the VVX is not sending a consistent signal to the headset via bluetooth. 

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Lotty

Could you kindly use a currently supported software like UC Software 5.5.2 and re-test?

Replied via a mobile device

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5