Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Just got my new phone, and got it setup - its updated with latest software, however when put a call on HOLD, i cannot resume the call other wise it will drop the call if i tap "RESUME".

Please advice where to change this setting.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

BTW I am on RingCentral using Software Version:

HP Recommended

Anyone?

HP Recommended

Hello oceanwest,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware that this is not a replacement for our support infrastructure and if you require urgent assistance need to contact your Polycom reseller for support.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post contains some detailed troubleshooting examples that should help you to track down your issue together with your VoIP provider.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, however this wasn't helpful

i have spent 4 hours on the phone with RingCentral - and been to tier two support - we managed to get the phone registered using thier vvx500 config files - however - the macro or key secquence that is used for HOLDING or RESUMING a call fails.

IS this a known bug or is there some definiitive resoultion for this. 

I don't have a "Polycom Reseller" as i purchased off the internet - and my VOIP provider doesn't have a resolution - 

I honestly can't be the ONLY person with this issue?

HP Recommended

Hello oceanwest,

when posting a new post you should include as many details as possible.

None of your prior post's mentioned anything about a macro or key sequence that seems to be either provided by ring central or created by yourself.

Can you simply use the phone's GUI to place a call on hold and retrieve the call without using any EFK's ?

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains in detail how to setup a EFK and show various different examples. This can be used to troubleshoot your issue by simply comparing available options.

You may also want to post your own EFK so others can help you and try to troubleshoot your issue within the community.

I am unsure if you spoke to Polycom Tier 2 or your SIP providers second level support.

If you contact our support team they will provide you with the first level support of the reseller that sold you or your Internet contact the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.