Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 600 DND button location

JeffRoberson
Occasional Contributor

VVX 600 DND button location

The "End Call" soft key is placed directly over the "DND" button.  This has caused complaints from my user community.  If you go to hang up a call by pressing the "End Call" but the call terminates prior to hitting the button, the "DND" key will be pressed.  Can this be moved somewhere else on the screen?  Maybe to the far right?

Thanks.

- Jeff

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 600 DND button location

Hello Jeff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you sure you are running a standard configuration and have not moved / removed any of the factory default keys?

In Call:

InCall.png

Idle:

Idle.png

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
jaikens
Advisor

Steffen,
Jeff's problem arises when you assign a shared call appearance to the phone. In this case, the Forward soft key is automatically removed, and the DND soft key is slid one slot to the left. When this happens, it causes users to accidentally press the DND soft key when attempting to end a call. I have had this issue since we first released the VVX500 in our network. On release 4.0.2, I solved the problem by disabling the default DND soft key, inserting two blank softkey, and then adding back my own DND softkey. This worked until we moved to Rel 4.1.3. In 4.1.3, it seems that I cannot disable the default DND soft key, and I end up with two. The default DND key always ends appear under the end call soft key when the call forward key is removed due to shared call appearance.  Can you offer a work around for Rel 4.1.3??

Jeff, you can see my original post below, for a fix that will work if you are not using Rel 4.1.3.  

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/UC-Software-4-1-3-on-VVX-500-and-600/m-p/31256

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello jaikens,

have you raised this via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support as advised in your original Post?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
jaikens
Advisor

If you are running 4.1.3 and have this issue, you can insert a blank key to move the DND key to the right.  Which will place the blank soft key under the end call key, and avoid the original problem.  Enable enhanced feature keys, under feature.  Then, add a customer softkey as shown below.

<feature>
<feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"/>
</feature>

<softkey
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.label=""
softkey.1.use.idle="1"
softkey.1.insert="2"  This will place a blank key between the New Call and DND keys
/>

or 

<softkey
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.label=""
softkey.1.use.idle="1"
softkey.1.precede="1"  This will place a blank key in front of the New Call key

/>

NOTE: You could also assign a function to this key, shuch as: Directory or Recent calls.  This way it is useful.

Message 5 of 5