Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have issue configuring voicemail/,VVX 600 phoned deployed in our client sites.

I was trying to keep a single configuration file for all phones.

But when i click on phone Message Button, it dials to Logged in user url. Example : sip:nobin.jose@radiancecomms.com.

Remember, I have already configured voicemail@radian.com in the configuration file.

Web utility shows this url "sip:nobin.jose@radian.com" under SIP configuration as we see below.

--------------

Configured Source Values

• The parameter values from different sources are listed here. If a parameter value is configured from multiple sources, the phone will use the value from the highest-priority source.
    • Local:Not Applicable
    • Web:Not Applicable
    • Config:sip:voicemail@radian.com;opaque=app:voicemail
    • SIP:sip:nobin.jose@radian.com;opaque=app:voicemail

------------------

Why the configuration in config file does not take effect and automatically a SIP configuration is appearing along with Config.

any guidance is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Nobin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Nobin,

again you may misinterpret what I stated in my last reply.

In addition so far you have not even stated what software version you are using.

In order for LYNC to work with our VVX phones you do not require to create any configuration files or change settings via the web interface unless you need to load your own certificate.

The above excludes any customization like background pictures or any other things.

Once signed into LYNC the LYNC server should provision the phone with the relevant required parameters.

Looking into a backup PBU file from a phone the <CALL_SERVER section covers what the Server sends to the phone.

The order of priority of configuration the following is applicable:

• Highest is the phone GUI
  • Second highest is via the Web Interface
  • Lowest priority is via configuration files

As you are offering this to your clients via a commercial service you may want to consider seeking out the professional help of our PGS team in your region via the different chargeable services we offer instead if trying to troubleshoot this via a community.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Nobin,

it would be helpfull to know what phone system and voice mail and the phone firmware version you are using.  

HP Recommended

Hello Nobin,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

As already outlined it is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

The simplest way to find why this isnot changing via the configuration is to simply backup the configuration and check the resulting PBU file for in which section the information is being displayed.

Web, Local, Config or Server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I did a factory reset and after that I can find that Phone Message Centre is dialling to the Voicemail URI which I added in the configuration.

Sorry forgot to tell, its a Lync setup.

HP Recommended

Dear All,

We got some more findings.

When I keep the profile as 'Generic' I can see that phone is reading from shared configuration file and when I press Message Centre it will dial to the voicemail URI.

When I change the profile to 'Lync' and reboot the phone, I can see that Message Centre by default dials to 'Registration', to my own URI. Is it an expected behaviour?

If there any way I can keep the MWI Contact URI in shared config for Lync profile.

A guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nobin jose.

HP Recommended

Hello Nobin,

let me clarify a few things first.

A standard VVX running UC Software 4.1.x or later does not require to download any configuration in either SIP or LYNC base profile.

• If set to SIP profile aka factory it may only need to download a configuration if a certificate is required for TLS or to customize background Pictures or local call progress tones or similar.

• If set to LYNC profile or ordered as LYNC SKU the same as above is applicable

When the phone is running in LYNC base profile the phone automatically supports and sets the correct parameters to work with LYNC 2010 or LYNC 2013. This includes the Voicemail.

The only files a phone would read are the one's that have been configured by someone maybe not being aware how to setup a VVX with LYNC or following older outdated posts on the Internet. 

The Phone in LYNC base Profile does not load any configuration on its own and I can only recommend maybe to read this FAQ post here:

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The only manual intervention in a LYNC setup would be to download a certificate to the phone if a internal or not publicly known and trusted certificate is being utilized.

The important rest like the time server and the Time offset would be within the DHCP setup. This includes a correctly setup Option 43 and 120.

I can only recommend you clear up your configuration files or start from scratch and only provision any changes like a certificate (if required), call progress tones, background pictures and enhanced feature keys or similar.

The rest that may be in your configuration only set's parameters the wrong way and causes any issues you see.

Please bear in mind that your Polycom reseller should be consulted for any Support related question and in addition they can bring you in contact with Polycom professional services that can offer you various LYNC related chargeable services.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Correct me, if I am wrong.. if i need to customize the phone, I should be keeping the configuration in the .cfg file.

Example : URL for Application , Background Image etc

Similarly, my Lync phone message centre should be dialing into a voicemail URI which I configure in the .cfg common config file.

What I found is that, If i use Phone Web Utility, I shall able to set the Voicemail uri and upon saving a <mac_adress> web.cgf file is autocreated and upon updating the config, Phone reads the Message Centre voicemail URI which I updated using web utility.

By this approach I can solve the problem, but it is not easy to maintain since I have hundreds of phones.

So phone's web config file is able to override default message centre URI, any way that shared config file can over ride the default message centre uri?

Thanks a lot!

nobin

HP Recommended

Hello Nobin,

again you may misinterpret what I stated in my last reply.

In addition so far you have not even stated what software version you are using.

In order for LYNC to work with our VVX phones you do not require to create any configuration files or change settings via the web interface unless you need to load your own certificate.

The above excludes any customization like background pictures or any other things.

Once signed into LYNC the LYNC server should provision the phone with the relevant required parameters.

Looking into a backup PBU file from a phone the <CALL_SERVER section covers what the Server sends to the phone.

The order of priority of configuration the following is applicable:

• Highest is the phone GUI
  • Second highest is via the Web Interface
  • Lowest priority is via configuration files

As you are offering this to your clients via a commercial service you may want to consider seeking out the professional help of our PGS team in your region via the different chargeable services we offer instead if trying to troubleshoot this via a community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.