Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Lightjag,

Have same issue.  Rolling back to 5.0.1 isn't an option for me.  Opening a ticket with my reseller.  Will post a fix if it can be resolved. 

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Has there been any movement on this issue? I'm going to log a ticket (as I am a reseller) but would be handy to reference any previous tickets.

My end users experience is if they take the phone off hook using the speakerphone function, then dial the end user they are after, ringback works. If you pick up the handset, then dial, no ringback occurs.

HP Recommended

In my environment ringback works when the call is dialed from the speakerphone, it will ring once then silence but when you switch to the handset, you hear the ringback.  Works vice versa also, dialed from handset, no ringback, switch to speakerphone and you hear ringback.  Will post if I find a solution. 

HP Recommended

I found a solution by applying these 2 settings to my AudioCode M1K.

1) Set Enable Early Media = Disable

2) Set 183 Message Behavior = Alert

HP Recommended

i have this problem with 5.0.2 and i found that if i pressed e.g. handsfree on and handsfree off i can hear teh ringback i.e. ringing tone

can anyone else replicate this?

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Hello Jack and all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I just managed to reproduce this as well.

Could you please specify what kind of gateway and software version of the gateway you are using?

I did cross test the same scenario against UCS 5.1.0 (Not publicly released) and the next UCS 5.1.1 and in both cases the ring back was heard at all times.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

i hope all is well and thank-you for your reply.

we are using Lync 2013 with Gamma Sip trunks and also and Audiocodes MK1000 for my ISDN Lines. the fault happened with outgoing calls over both paths.

for some reason i cannot log into the web admin - see attaches screenshot - i have not changed the default admin password of 456 - as i can use this on the phone menu to access the  Advanced features - but from the webAdmn - when i hit Submit - the page just reloads - i know this is not necessarily relevant to this post - but i cannot get into the web admin to look at the full version details - other then i know it is 5.0.2 - and we are using the Lync profile. have you seen this before? how can i fix it?

if there is a way i can do it privately - i can send you the phone cfg file that is uploaded to my ftp server as part of the provisioning setup.

Many Thanks

Jack

HP Recommended
Looks like internet explorer 11. Try compatibility mode or another browser

Send from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

you are quite right - compatibility mode solved the issue.

i am not sure where to find the codec in use - does the attachement give you the info you need - or is there another screen i need to look at

thanks for your help

jack

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.