Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to register POlycom VVX phones with lync

BootBock :3.0.4.0061(44600-001)

BootL1: 1.0.0.0041(44600-001)

Updater: 5.5.1.0377

SIP Version :5.3.1.0436

Trying to sign in using "User Credentials" , PIN authentication is not enabed

Not able to sign in , base profile is "LYNC"

What could be the possible reason.

Regards,

SRee.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello SRee,

welcome back o the Polycom Community.

Has this ever worked and just stopped working or is this a new Installation ?

I suggest you check our Guru Jeff Schertz Post => here <= as you may need to import your own certificate first before the phone can sign in.

In addition please check the phone logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen..

I my case i can see the certificates are installed in AplicationCA 3,4,5 and 6 , but still its failing to register. Attaching the logs below.

Requesting help with this..

Regards,

Sree.

HP Recommended

Hello Sree,

Your logs are full of certificate errors and I am unsure why you would be installing 4 separate certificates if only one is required for LYNC as shown in Jeff's example.

002137.009|sip  |4|00|Server certificate verification failed, Untrusted Certificate
002137.010|sip  |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: SSL_connect error 1
002137.010|sip  |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: connection failed error -1
002137.252|sip  |4|00|Server certificate verification failed, Untrusted Certificate
002137.253|sip  |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: SSL_connect error 1
002137.253|sip  |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: connection failed error -1
002137.445|sip  |4|00|Server certificate verification failed, Untrusted Certificate
002137.447|sip  |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: SSL_connect error 1
002137.447|sip  |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: connection failed error -1
002137.673|sip  |4|00|Server certificate verification failed, Untrusted Certificate
002137.675|sip  |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: SSL_connect error 1
002137.675|sip  |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: connection failed error -1

The VVX600 0004f25a77a9 was sold via FVC so please raise a ticket with them to support you on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

These certificates where not installed by me. It has taken those automatically.

Ticket is raised with FVC already.

Regards,

Sree.

HP Recommended

Does that have anything to do with NTP? I can't find network NTP Server in the roll down list of phone.

HP Recommended

Hello Sree,

I overlooked the missing time in your logs.

Jan 28, 2013 Question: Time and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above post explains how you troubleshoot NTP related issues.

Please provide me with the Ticket Number once FVC opens a support ticket with us.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

In a Lync environment it is unusual to see so many CA certificates loaded on the phone.  The phone can automatically pull the needed certificate using the Lync Certificate service as long as DHCP is setup correctly.  This is easy to do if you are using Microsoft's DHCP server.  The same DHCP options for fetching the trusted root certificate are the same as used to enable PIN auth.  Check out Jeff Schertz article below nothing has changed in this setup since Lync 2010 and these settings are the same no matter what Lync certified phone you are using.

http://blog.schertz.name/2010/12/configuring-lync-server-for-phone-edition-devices/

001632.522|pps |4|00|[Pps.cpp]: fetchCACertThroughDHCP DHCP option43 did not provide a valid STSURI.
001632.522|pps |4|00|[Pps.cpp]: fetchCACertThroughDHCP Skipping certificate fetch through DHCP.
001632.522|pps |4|00|[PpsHybridC::OnEvSipOnFetchRootCert] Certificate fetch through DHCP has failed.

HP Recommended

On your time issue.

001524.850|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 1 on A lookup for 'time.windows.com' after 0 sec
001524.860|ares |4|00|aresDnsLookup: select time-out 2 on A lookup for 'time.windows.com' after 0 sec

I would strongly recommend not using time.windows.com, Try selecting something from http://www.pool.ntp.org/

Also, if you are working on setting the phone up for Lync the Web UI is much easier to use.  To enable the web server Settings\Advanced\Administration Settings\Web Server Configuration.

HP Recommended

Thanks James and Steffen for replies, i would go through each of your suggestions.

Steffen here is the Polycom ticket number -

SR 1-1028858711

Will get back to you once i go through all of your suggestions.

Regards,

Sree.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.