Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

As a first step , i just disabled the time server settings in phone and tried signing in , no change.

Three errors i can see on the screen

1. Line : Unregistered

2. Default admin password is in use, please contact your administrator 

3. Email ID needed to start auto-discovery service

Can somebody throw some light on 3rd error.

Meanwhile i am going through http://blog.schertz.name/2010/12/configuring-lync-server-for-phone-edition-devices/

Customer does not have a dedicated DHCP server - i believe we have to enable Lync server to act as a DHCP server for Lync phones..right?

Thanks

Sree.

HP Recommended

Hello Sree,

my T2 colleagues have received the ticket.

Answer to quesion 2:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: What is the warning indication / triangle that shows on the phone since UCS 5.1.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The Text is quite clear and simply reminds you that the 456 Admin Password is active and you should change it for your own security.

To answer question 3 in order for Exchange to work the phone requires your Single Sign In / SSI details like Username, Domain and password.

Pin & Extension does not support Exchange so you would not need this.

In order to sign in via SSI you require on the phone end when in LYNC base profile:

• most likely manually adding a certificate as already replied in my first post and detailed => here <=

In order to sign in via Pin & Extension you require on the phone end when in LYNC base profile:

• a correctly setup Option 43 & 120 as explained => here <=

Both above scenarios require a working time server for the phone or it is unable to verify the certificate.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@Sreejith wrote:

Customer does not have a dedicated DHCP server - i believe we have to enable Lync server to act as a DHCP server for Lync phones..right?

They don't need a detected DHCP server but they will need scopes that are dedicated to them.  Everything can be set at the scope level.  PIN auth will require the DHCP options to be setup.  Everything else can be done with out DHCP but it will be a lot more work to setup and maintain. 

After the phone boots up is the time correct?  If the time is not very close to the Lync servers time you will not be able to login.  Also check firewall policy make sure the phones are not blocked from getting to your chosen time source. 

This sounds like a complicated Lync setup, do you have access to a local Lync resource to look over the environment?  If  Lync is not setup correctly including the config for desk phones you will have nothing but problems with the phones.

HP Recommended

Hello Sree & James,

Since UC Software 5.3.0 we added a new feature ( dhcp.option43.override.stsUri 😞

The above was added to overcome such DHCP restrictions in test environments.

As stated by James the infrastructure aka DNS servers setup with the LYNC server FQDN's etc. must all be setup. 

I will make our Tier 2 team aware that this is an experimental setup and you should really work with a Polycom sales engineer for any proof of concept or even Microsoft support.

We could spend hours or days trying to troubleshoot your customers setup.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Guys...

We resolved the issue with the help of Vikash Seesaha , loaded the root certificate to Applicaion Profile 6 , corrected the time server settings , issue resolved. 

Thank you...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.