Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just spent another 1 hour and 45 minutes on the phone with another RIngCentral implementation engineer. They were unable to configure the VVX 600 to work like the VVX 500. The VVX 600 is able to make / receive calls but whenever anyone is conferenced in only one line of audio is received / transmitted and when placing calls on hold the call cannot be resumed. There is no ticket ID number from RingCentral at this point as they are still trying to set up the phone as part of implementation.

HP Recommended

Hello NYUser,

I have made our North American Sales Team aware of your struggles and they should be able to work with Ring Central on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any update regarding VVX 600 and RingCentral?

HP Recommended

I just spent a lot of time with various RC support and supevisors, a few weeks ago they pushed out an update to the Polycom phones and then the next day my phone was not registered it took some guy to remote in to my computer to see the phones admin console - and he reset the phone to factory defaults ( without saving any settings i had ) then it took another session with yet another support person to do the same thing, and then they had to fix their system because they had my phone provisioned as a VVX500 because they say they don't support he 600. 

I have just got off the phone again and they said that the 600 doesn't support secure connection or somethign that is why i have been getting the sip attacts (phantom calls) at all hours of the day and nigh - when i am not at my desk i have to turn on DND to prevent them. But the phone was working just fine for over a year before the update.

One tech support told me I have to call Polycom direclty and open a case but then polycom told me it would be a paid insident call. so i am stuck.

My latest converasation today was they can't prevent the sip attacts and my only resolution with them was to downgrade to the vvx500 and the only consession for me is that they will wave my service fee for the next six months (one line) and then i can go out and purchase vvx500 which means i have to layout cash for it. plus i loose the bluetooth headset feature - which is why i got the phone in the first place. 

reading thru this tread it was said the provisioning is idenntical between the 500 & 600 so there is some great confusion between the Polycom and RingCentral engeinerers. After all it's a software and a few kiobits of text strings not a hardware issue.

My phone is running 5.2.0.8330 - but for some reason i can't update it 5.4.0.5841 i wonder if it was more current it would work?

HP Recommended

Ok I managed to get the latest software on the phone - but is there any reason why Ring Central

Cant get VVX500 and VVX600 working? i mean they are essentially the same device. What is so different in the provisionoing?

i am getting fewer phantom calls but still get them. 

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Firstly the software version has not really got anything to do with the fact that there are sad people out there who want to get calls for free and therefore try and abuse other peoples resources.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 24 2014 Question:How can I prevent tools like sipvicious or nuisance Cisco calls ringing my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <= or Security Center: Security Bulletin Relating to Worldwide Botnet Dialing H.323-Capable Systems

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

The VVX500 and VVX600 are identical apart from the VVX600 having Bluetooth capabilities and a larger screen.

Please make the Ring Central team aware of this post as it does not show positive feedback about their support and they can reach out via the community to myself or contact me directly via our Polycom relationship.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I just received a new VVX600 in the hopes of using it on RingCentral after reading that people have been able to use it. I cannot get it to provision as a VVX500 the way that some have. I was able to setup one line as a generic line. No presence or other features. The provisioning tech spent 1.5 hours trying to get it setup as a generic. When shown this thread, he said thay the phones are not the same and they don't have an ETA on supporting the phone. 

We're not under agreement with RingCentral anymore. I wouldn't leave because of this one issue but we have had plenty of outages. I may just start looking for an alternative provider. 

HP Recommended

Hello PTMC,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you kindly make the agent aware of contacting myself or provide me with his details so I can reach out internally to ring central in order to educate them ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

The person that I spoke with sounded very disinterested in resolving the issue. 

Have you attempted to contact them? The person assisting me was Glenn Gonzaga. 888-898-4591.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have reached out to RingCentral and their product team is very aware of the issue and are actively working on building a long term solution for allowing assisted provisioning for the Polycom VVX600.

Unfortunately they do not have a short term workaround as of today, other than provisioning as a generic SIP device for the time being.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.