Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Has anyone been successful using a VVX 600 on Ring Central account?

Thanks

Carlos

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello Carlos,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are various post's covering your Provider that can be found using the community's search facility => here <=

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how to register our IP Phones with a SIP Provider based on the credentials needed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Carlos,

I have recently been successful at setting up the VVX 600 on RingCentral.  However, I can't access voice messages on the phone for some reason, I'm not sure why that is.  Hopefully somebody at Polycom may be able to shed some light on this issue...

HP Recommended

Hello Awesomebase,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how you can use the phone's logs or wireshark to troubleshoot issues.

I would suggest you contact your provider for support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi awesomebase, were you able to use Paging and Video if yu place a Polycom camera on the uSB port of Polycom VVX600?

HP Recommended

Hello KHR,

Paging does not have anything to do with the service provider as it simply uses Multicast traffic in your Network.

In regards of utilizing a Camera on a VVX phone you really need to work with your Service provider if they support Video in their network.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I recently opened an account with RIngCentral as I was told by RingCentral that the VVX 600 was compatible with their system. It is not. While it is possible to provision and use the phone for a simple call, several of the features such as conferencing or using a second line will not work with RingCentral. RingCentral misled me and so I warn you to check before you proceed. I am told by RingCentral that the VVX500 will work fine, however that will mean thousands dollars of additional spend.

@CgB229 wrote:

Has anyone been successful using a VVX 600 on Ring Central account?

Thanks

Carlos

HP Recommended

Hello NYUser,

The VVX500's Software and provisioning is 100% identical with the VVX600 so I am unsure on that statement from your SIP Provider.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

This is very helpful and what I had thought previously. Since your reply, I have since spoken with RingCentral and they have escalated this internally. They have advised me that they will be able to configure it as a VVX500 and the onyl difference will be that they will only be able to configure it with 12 lines based on their system rather than the 16 that the VVX 600 can manage. That would be fine by me however I still await RC implementation to be able to get that to work. Will aim to update once completed as a reference for other users.

HP Recommended

Hello NYUser,

Great news.

Have you got a RingCentral ticket reference I can share with our Polycom Sales Engineers so they can ensure both of us work in an optimized manner?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.