Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We recently upgraded firmware of our VVX 600 phones to 5.3.1 from 5.2.3 and realized that the phone behaviour when making conference calls has changed.

- in 5.2.3, when initiating a conference call, the far end is put on hold (caller hears music on hold), and the conference is only established when the initiator presses the Conf key 2nd time.

- in 5.3.1, when initiating a conference call, the existing call continues, the far end hears everything including the pressed keys (DTMF).

I read thru the release notes and think that is because of "Lync Voice Conference Calls with Centralized Conference Control Protocol (CCCP) Support".

However the end users prefer the old behaviour (without needing to press Hold button before initiating the conference call).

I tried some config parameters on the phone, like "call.singleKeyPressConference", or " voIpProt.SIP.conference.address", or "feature.nWayConference.enabled"... but no luck.

Can you teach me how to have the VVX 600 phones (firmware 5.3.1) to put the far end on hold before making a conference call?

Thanks,

Hiep

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Atoxet,

The caller should not hear DTMF.  Testing this our VVX500's on 5.3.1 with Lync 2013.  Callers do not hear DTMF tones when I start a conference call.  I still have two way audio with the caller but they do not hear the DTMF tones.

The problem here is you are no longer doing xway calling on the phone but using the Lync conferencing service to bridge the calls.  You do lose the ability to consult your third party before adding them to the call and DTMF tones get filtered so you can't access many IVR's while on a conference call. 

To get something like the old behavior you can put the first call on hold, start a new call with the third party then join the two calls,  It is an extra button press but would be much like the process you want.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.