Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have inherited a 5.1.1.2986 VVX 600 phone used in a Lync environment that has a soft key that allows calls to be sent directly to "boss voicemail".  I assume this is being done via EFK.  I would like to get the config that makes this possible off this phone so I can deploy it to others.  The config files I export via the web GUI don't appear to contain this functionality.  What is best way to get this config?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

James,

You are correct.  I resolved this issue by altering the Lync PC client config to have simultaneous ring to a delegate.  When a call to boss is made the call that appears on the delegate phone has the "to boss VM" button.  Without the Lync client config this button is not present, which makes sense (how would it know who the boss is?).  It appears this functionality appeared in 5.1.1.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello J_L,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually you should be simply able to browse to Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore and then Backup the configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

No such luck.  Backing up the old phone and restoring the .pbu file to a new phone does not bring the ability to transfer calls directly to VM.  When I parse the .pbu file it doesn't appear to contain any EFK config.

HP Recommended

Hello J_L,

A screenshot of the Phone display may reveal the root cause but I guess it may just be a speed dial. You should be able to check the phone directory.

If not the next step is to call your Polycom reseller so they assist or open a case with Polycom support. A backup would contain any added EFK parameters.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I might be wrong... but I think the Transfer to Voicemail function is only possible i a boss/delegate scenario when the VVX is running the Lync base profile.

Can anyone confirm?

HP Recommended

James,

You are correct.  I resolved this issue by altering the Lync PC client config to have simultaneous ring to a delegate.  When a call to boss is made the call that appears on the delegate phone has the "to boss VM" button.  Without the Lync client config this button is not present, which makes sense (how would it know who the boss is?).  It appears this functionality appeared in 5.1.1.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.