Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 600 media server

Occasional Advisor

VVX 600 media server

Is there a way to make the recordings on the usb stick available through local network?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 600 media server

Hello nightlife,

I am unsure if I understand the question correctly but there is no way , via the phone, to share the USB stick with the network.

You can unplug the USB stick and download the content and upload this to a Web Server and then use the Phones Microbrowser to access a site hosting these and play them back via the browser.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Couldn't you use a USB flash drive and hook that drive on a computer at the same time ?

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello nightlife,

I had assumed that my reply was pretty self explanatory but to refrase and make it more clear:

• The VVX can only record to a currently attached USB drive.
    It cannot be connected to a PC and use the PC instead as a recording device.

• The VVX cannot record a call if no USB drive is attached to itself

• The VVX cannot share the USB drive with other devices on the network

• The Recording functionality on the VVX phones is as designed and I am not aware of any plans to change this

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4