Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 600 media server

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

VVX 600 media server

Is there a way to make the recordings on the usb stick available through local network?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 600 media server

Hello nightlife,

I am unsure if I understand the question correctly but there is no way , via the phone, to share the USB stick with the network.

You can unplug the USB stick and download the content and upload this to a Web Server and then use the Phones Microbrowser to access a site hosting these and play them back via the browser.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Couldn't you use a USB flash drive and hook that drive on a computer at the same time ?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello nightlife,

I had assumed that my reply was pretty self explanatory but to refrase and make it more clear:

• The VVX can only record to a currently attached USB drive.
    It cannot be connected to a PC and use the PC instead as a recording device.

• The VVX cannot record a call if no USB drive is attached to itself

• The VVX cannot share the USB drive with other devices on the network

• The Recording functionality on the VVX phones is as designed and I am not aware of any plans to change this

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4