Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We just migrated to the VVX 600 model and can't seem to get any of our Plantronics Supra headsets to work (link).   According to polycom's compatibility list they are totally fine, yet we can't seem to make them work on any of our phones.  Nothing I've tried seems to work, including changing the hookswitch mode - which I don't think even applies for this model.  The phones are running version 5.0.1.4068.  

Also - totally unrelated but all of our VVX 400's are running abnormally slow (we got them a few days ago) - the cpu usage shows around 50 percent at idle, which doesnt seem right.  You could dial a number and it would appear on the screen with a lag.  This also applies to any inbound and outbound calls.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Andrew,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The first task should be to update the phones to a currently supported software version. This is at present UC Software 5.2.2

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

It would also be useful if you once this is done and still have issues to specify if this is a SIP server or LYNC.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We solved the headset issue - as it turns out, plantronics manufactures two identical cords that each work with polycom or cisco phones.  However, our VVX 400's are still unusually slow, and I don't believe it is a firmware issue.  Please let me know how I can rectify this.

Thanks,

Andrew

HP Recommended

Hello Andrew,

You did not yet reply to my additional question and neither explained if you upgraded the software or not.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

For those who are having the same or similar problem and are looking for the cable that is needed you will need the U10P one.

The Cisco cord is called the Plantornics M22/M12 cord where as the cord the Polycom VVX phones is called the Plantronics U10P cord

For anyone who are trying to utilize Plantronics corded headsets with their Polycom VVX phones you need to make sure you get the U10P cable and not the other ones like the U10P-S which is different.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer on the first part. We just changed over from Cisco phones to Polycom VVX 310 and our headsets were not working when connecting directly to the back of the Polycom's. I searched high and low for the answer and you answered it. 

Polycom - You should include this in some sort of documentation, as I was pulling my hair out as to why the headsets were NOT working. Going to order the correct cord and hopefully this will fix the issue.

Thank you, 

Rob

HP Recommended

Hello Rob,

Oct 19, 2011 Question: What type of Headset's and cables are compatible with my Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above states:

The following table lists the interface cables or adapters you might need to connect your headset and phone.

QD/ED to RJ-9 cable Plantronics U10p variant

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.