Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 600 phantom screen touchs

JeffRoberson
Occasional Contributor

VVX 600 phantom screen touchs

My VVX 600 and several others have complained about their VVX 600's and a few 500's are phantom pressing buttons on the touch screen.  If I have speed dials setup, it will randomly call people from the buttons on my screen.  In addition, the DND button gets pressed with out me pressing it.

It this a sensitivy issue?  Is there a setting to fix this? My VVX 600 is running UC Software 4.1.3.6827 with Boot ROM 5.1.3.10644.

Thanks!

- Jeff

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 600 phantom screen touchs

Hello Jeff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support in regards this issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 7
OscarMG
Regular Visitor

Jeff any news on this issue, we are having the same issue with the VVX models.

Regards,

Oscar M.

Message 3 of 7
credd144
Visitor

Steffen,

We are experiancing this with some VVX 500's in service. Is this a RMA situation or are there troubleshooting steps that could first be accomplished?

Chris

Message 4 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Chris,

This needs to be looked individually and is based on the serial number / manufaturing date of the phone.

Your Polycom reseller or Polycom support should be able to assist you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 7
pingram3541
Advisor

I have same issue. Phantom calling only on phones with favorites assigned. New batch of phones, calling sometimes continuously back to back and can easily surmount to hundreds of phantoms calls per day also resulting in phantom voicemail messages throughout the office. Found another thread where a user with same symptoms confirmed with Polycom support the issue is faulty hardware in which the screens are too sensitive. The phones were a bad batch and need to be replaced.

Message 6 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello pingram3541,

As already explained to prior posters this needs to be looked individually and is based on the serial number / manufaturing date of the phone.

Your Polycom reseller or Polycom support should be able to assist you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 7 of 7