Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 600 remember headset volume

Occasional Advisor

VVX 600 remember headset volume

Hi,

Every time I make a call it resets the volume setting to default. How may I tell it to stay at the last setting I've chose?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 600 remember headset volume

Hello nightlife,

As there was not yet a => FAQ <= post covering this I have just created a new one here:

Jan 16, 2014 Question: [FAQ] How can set the Handset/Speaker/Headset volume to a persistent setting / remember the volume?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 21
Occasional Advisor

I imported the 3 configuration files, it's still not working.

Message 3 of 21

Hello nightlife,

I have just tested this on a VVX600 and a VVX410 both running UCS 5.0.1 and the Volume, as long as the phone is up and running, is not reset to the regulatory volume pre-defined as factory default.

The phone reboots, as stated in the admin guide, once the configuration has been imported.

A power cycle of the phone will reset the phone to normal Volume until a user manually adjusts it to suit their needs.

I suggest you export your configuration and verify the phone has loaded this and then work with your Polycom reseller if needed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 21
Occasional Advisor

Do I need to upload all of the 3 config files you posted or only headsetPersist.cfg ?

Message 5 of 21

Hello nightlife,

the new FAQ post explains what each parameter does so I would assume the answer is pretty clear.

Each parameter only affects the highlighted setting so only loading / importing the headset parameter / example file will affect the headset volume only.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 21
Occasional Advisor

I exported my config to see what is going on and I still see :

voice.volume.persist.headset="1"

However, the headset volume is always reset to the middle after each call !!

Message 7 of 21

Hello Nightlife,

I already suggest to work with your Polycom reseller if needed so they can bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 8 of 21
Occasional Advisor

Actually, it works, except for the headset. Any idea why? I juse a jabra 9470.

Message 9 of 21

Hello Nightlife,

I already suggest to work with your Polycom reseller if needed so they can bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 10 of 21