Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 600 without lync/skype

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

VVX 600 without lync/skype

Upon going to pair a D60 base station with one of my VVX600 phones, I discovered that it's a Lync-enabled phone. It's always used SIP and I'd never noticed the Lync/Skype bit on it. But as the D60 post points out, the D60 is not compatible with the use of Lync/Skype.

While I've been unable to locate spearate firmware for the "open SIP" and "Lync" variants, I have to assume they are physically the same phone. Is it possible to disable the Lync/Skype functionality or to flash different firmware on to the phone?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Advisor

Re: VVX 600 without lync/skype

I was able to resolve this myself. The mention of a base profile configuration here led me to the keypad sequence (1,4,9) for setting the base profile via the phone UI. The phone then hung at a blank screen. I logged into the web interface, ran the firmware upgrade again, and the phone rebooted into the plain SIP firmware (with a decent UI, to boot). I'm now able to use my D60 with it.

Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 600 without lync/skype

Hello August,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Just to clarify:

• press 1,4 and 9
  • Via the Web Interface  Simple Setup => Base Profile
  • Press Menu => Settings => Advanced => Admin Settings => Network Settings => Base Profile

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3