Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Upon going to pair a D60 base station with one of my VVX600 phones, I discovered that it's a Lync-enabled phone. It's always used SIP and I'd never noticed the Lync/Skype bit on it. But as the D60 post points out, the D60 is not compatible with the use of Lync/Skype.

While I've been unable to locate spearate firmware for the "open SIP" and "Lync" variants, I have to assume they are physically the same phone. Is it possible to disable the Lync/Skype functionality or to flash different firmware on to the phone?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this myself. The mention of a base profile configuration here led me to the keypad sequence (1,4,9) for setting the base profile via the phone UI. The phone then hung at a blank screen. I logged into the web interface, ran the firmware upgrade again, and the phone rebooted into the plain SIP firmware (with a decent UI, to boot). I'm now able to use my D60 with it.

HP Recommended

Hello August,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Just to clarify:

• press 1,4 and 9
  • Via the Web Interface  Simple Setup => Base Profile
  • Press Menu => Settings => Advanced => Admin Settings => Network Settings => Base Profile

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.