Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 601, UC 6.0.0.4796 - how to disable direct IP calls?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

VVX 601, UC 6.0.0.4796 - how to disable direct IP calls?

With the VVX 601, UC 6.0.0.4796, I am getting "ghost calls" from 100 1001 etc. on a regular basis. I don't have a firewall that allows me port restrictions to just the SIP provider and I was wondering where in the settings of the phone these direct IP calls can be disabled? All guides I found when googeling did not address it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 601, UC 6.0.0.4796 - how to disable direct IP calls?

Hello @The German ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Oct 24 2014 Question:How can I prevent Ghost calls or tools like sipvicious or nuisance Cisco calls ringing my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <= or Security Center: Security Bulletin Relating to Worldwide Botnet Dialing H.323-Capable Systems

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Visitor

Thanks, I am getting the idea now - I simply expected it to be part of the settings in the phone or the web ui of the phone, but it looks like this requires download/editing/upload of the configuration file, correct? 

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @The German ,

again I can only quote the Web UI

Oct 20, 2017 Question:Why can I not change every single configuration parameter via the Phone UI or the Web Interface?

Resolution: Only the most common settings can be changed via the Phone UI or the Web Interface. Additional configuration parameters either require a provisioning server as shown => here <= or simply import a configuration file (or unzip FAQ attached example files) and import these via the Web Interface as shown => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4