Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our new VVX 601 on software 5.5.1 does not show a Bose Quietcomfort Bluetooth headset in pairing mode when scanning for new BT devices. The VVX is able to pair with several other headsets available for test. Several other mobile and desktop devices are able to pair with the test Bose QC35 headset (tested Android phone, Android tablet, IOS phone, and Windows desktops).  It is only the combination of these two devices that doesn't work.

Scanning for Bluetooth devices while Bose QC35s are in pairing mode does not show the Bose headset, but does show other devices than can be paired (when they are placed in pairing mode). I engaged Bose support who had me reset the saved device pairings on the headset and attempt pairing again with no results.

In summary, all pairing operations work as expected for the phone and the QC35 headset, except when pairing with each other.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello Allen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did this ever work and only stopped working using UC Software 5.5.1 ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is a new phone and it had 5.5.1 pushed to it before testing the headset.  As a result, I don't know if it would have worked on prior UC releases.

Bose is willing to replace my headset to address the problem but I doubt if that would resolve the problem.  As above, both devices are able to pair with every other test device I could scrape together to throw at them.  Bose is pretty well regarded as the best option on the market for noise cancelling headsets, and I'm a bit surprised that they wouldn't be compatible with this phone.

HP Recommended

Hello Allen,

I will check this internally and maybe someone has a Bose Headset they could test so we can compare.

They aren't cheap so maybe Bose could work with our engineering department on a sample unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Allen,

The VXX only supports the Headset Bluetooth profile. As far as we can tell the QC35 is strictly A2DP receive-only. This will not work.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

As far as we can tell the QC35 is strictly A2DP receive-only. This will not work.

I'm not sure where this detail came from but it for sure isn't true.  The device supports full headset profiles and works with IOS, Android, and Windows desktop systems with the headset profile in addition to A2DP.

HP Recommended

For what it's worth, my workaround has been to run Skype on my desktop PC with the QC35's paired in headset mode and to handle all calls through the softphone.  The headset works fine in this configuration and has been in daily use since I posted this thread. I have BToE enabled so I can interact with calls from the VVX601, but due to the incompatibilty with my headset, I basically never use it for making or taking actual calls.  

I'm now 100% back to desktop Skype with software VoIP and the VVX601 is essentially a paperweight for me until this is sorted out.

HP Recommended

Hello Allen,

we did a bit more investigating and it shows the Bose identifies itself as a Minor Device Class reported as Headphones (6).

The VVX only supports at present only Headset (1) or Hands-free (2)

We are looking into improving this in a future version and once this has been released I will update this post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Great news. I'll keep an eye on this for a future update, and thanks for following up on this.

HP Recommended

Today I updated to UC Software Version 5.5.2.8571 and now I am able to successfully pair the Bose QC35 headset to this phone as expected.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.