Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Currently using  UC 5.5.0.

We've found that when a phone is monitoring another user, if that user receives a call while the monitoring phone is currently on a call, that the phone monitoring the line rings as though the monitoring phone has a new inbound call.

Is there a way to turn that off?

Let me break out this example a bit more verbose

Phone A monitors User 1

Phone A is on a call

User 1 receives a call

Phone A's phone gets a "call waiting" style notification in addition to the LED light changing.

Is it possible to turn off that "call waiting" tone while keeping the LED light changing to reflect the state change?

To try and set this on our end I've already tried altering these settings but it didn't react as expected.

attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="0"
attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="0"

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Eric_P,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever follow up as advised any of your older post => here <= ?

It is not very satisfying for any community member if answers provided are not rated as solved an issue or if suggested to follow this up the official support channel and no further feedback is provided.

For your new question the community's search functionality find's multiple posts discussing the same thing => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

One of the first post's found when utilizing the search functionality finds this reply => here <=

"We already have an internal ticket VOIP-118731 for the BroadWorks platform on this but without looking at an individual case and configuration / call platform it may be related or not"

Not knowing what call platform you are using please raise this with your Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are using Opensips/ Openser / Oversips.  Would this Broadsoft ticket affect only Broadsoft's solutions or is this just an internal ticket to discuss this behavior in an general fashion?

HP Recommended

Hello Eric_P,

As explained it is open for Broadworks only and as you are using a different platform in order to compare the issue we need a support ticket.

My last reply already explained the next steps.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.