Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings! I am having issues getting the D230 to display multiple lines used for hold from the same line operated on Broadsoft. This setup works fine with VVX300-600 series, and is a fairly basic configuration. Any help on making this functional with a D230 would be greatly appreciated!

The functionality is being able to pick up a call from the 'Main Line', place the call on hold, and you can pick up that call from any of the 'Hold Lines' that mimic the 'Main Line'. The idea is to have interoperability between VVX Desks Phone with these hold lines, as well as on the D230.

Here is an example from a working 'Hold Line' setup from a desk phone:

<reg
reg.1.address="XXX_1025_1141@voice.broadweave.net"
reg.1.auth.password="XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
reg.1.auth.userId="XXX_1025_1141"
reg.1.callsPerLineKey=""
reg.1.displayName="Phone 1 XXX #1025"
reg.1.label="1141"
reg.1.lineKeys=""
reg.1.line.1.label=""
reg.1.line.2.label=""
reg.1.line.3.label=""
reg.1.line.4.label=""
reg.1.line.5.label=""
reg.1.line.6.label=""
reg.1.line.7.label=""
reg.1.line.8.label=""
reg.1.line.9.label=""
reg.1.line.10.label=""
reg.1.line.11.label=""
reg.1.server.1.address=" "
reg.1.server.1.port="5060"
reg.1.server.1.transport="DNSnaptr"
reg.1.serverFeatureControl.cf="1"
reg.1.serverFeatureControl.dnd="1"
reg.1.type=""
reg.1.ringType=""
reg.1.bargeInEnabled="0"

reg.2.address="XXX_SCA_1140_1141@voice.broadweave.net"
reg.2.auth.password="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
reg.2.auth.userId="XXX_1025_1140"
reg.2.callsPerLineKey=""
reg.2.displayName="Hold Lines XXX #1025"
reg.2.label="1025"
reg.2.lineKeys="5"
reg.2.line.1.label="Line 1"
reg.2.line.2.label="Line 2"
reg.2.line.3.label="Line 3"
reg.2.line.4.label="Line 4"
reg.2.line.5.label="Line 5"
reg.2.line.6.label=""
reg.2.line.7.label=""
reg.2.line.8.label=""
reg.2.line.9.label=""
reg.2.line.10.label=""
reg.2.line.11.label=""
reg.2.server.1.address=" "
reg.2.server.1.port="5060"
reg.2.server.1.transport="DNSnaptr"
reg.2.serverFeatureControl.cf="1"
reg.2.serverFeatureControl.dnd="1"
reg.2.type="shared"
reg.2.ringType=""
reg.2.bargeInEnabled="0"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @dmichaels ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

In some of them, the advice to contact Poly support was given but no feedback was provided or a Poly reference for others to check.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @dmichaels ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

In some of them, the advice to contact Poly support was given but no feedback was provided or a Poly reference for others to check.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

My company is a service provider. Creating a support ticket just came back with "We understand that you are having an issue with your VVX D230. According to our records, your product is out of warranty and has no active contract in place for technical support.

Support for VoIP Products, SoundStation IP and SoundPoint IP, is extended to Certified VoIP Partners only.

If you are unsure of who your service provider is or if they are unable to assist, we show this unit originally being sold through this Certified Partner: SCANSOURCE INC.

You can reach SCANSOURCE INC at 18778477000, Ext 4095 for further support. Please be aware that if the phone is no longer under warranty, the Certified Partner may charge a fee for support.

In addition, the following support options are available to you:

A) A community based support forum can be found at: http://community.polycom.com.

B) Poly’s knowledgebase and frequently asked question can be found at: http://support.polycom.com/kb

C) The product support page can be found at: https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/dect-ip-phones/vvx-d2...
Thank you,

Poly Global Services"

This seems like a basic configuration issue, not technical troubleshooting. I would think that this should be answered here, in the community forums.

So it really seems like I am just getting the run around...

HP Recommended

Hello @dmichaels ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

First of all, let me outline that anyone within the community is a volunteer and may answer in their own personal time.

The idea behind reminding you to follow up your old posts was to get feedback on these old post and not just simply, outlined in my reply, mark something as "solution provided".

Our official support organization has a list of accredited established service providers and it seems your organization is not part of this.

Therefore you are being dealt with as a normal user and the only way to get official support, outside of the warranty period, is to be prepared for the Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

This is similar to large software houses or other hardware manufacturers.

Other community members are more than welcome to try and help you but if your organization requires support you will have to go the official way.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Yes I am aware that is the point of a community board. Thanks, very helpful. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.