Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Does the VVX 230 show multiple lines on the phone display ?  I can only get 1 (primary) to show even though sp 1-6 are programmed and ring/answer.  Also I can only answer the first call during multi call situations.  Any suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Bob McCarthy:

Thank you for your question. 

VVX D230 supports up to 8 lines. The option to view and select which line to make calls is available under the "Line" Sub Menu. We will only display the primary line on the main screen. Here is a video on how to setup your device with multiple lines: https://youtu.be/RBra4tEQEVE

Also, referring to your question: can I only answer the first call during multi call situations?

The answer is each handset is able to support up to 2 call appearances. You could put a call on hold and answer another call. You could swap between the 2 calls via the softkey menu. If you have a need to support more than 2 call appearances, we recommend you to add another handset and assign the handset to the same service. With 2 handsets, you would be able to handle up to 4 call appearances.

Thanks,

Matthew Gen Lee

VoIP Application Developer Intern

6001 America Center Drive,  San Jose, CA 95002

T: +1 (408) 586 1450

CONNECT WITH POLY­

Facebook      Instagram      LinkedIn      Twitter      YouTube

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Bob McCarthy ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I just added a basic overview for the D230 and multiple lines here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Any additional questions may have to come in the form of a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @Bob McCarthy:

Thank you for your question. 

VVX D230 supports up to 8 lines. The option to view and select which line to make calls is available under the "Line" Sub Menu. We will only display the primary line on the main screen. Here is a video on how to setup your device with multiple lines: https://youtu.be/RBra4tEQEVE

Also, referring to your question: can I only answer the first call during multi call situations?

The answer is each handset is able to support up to 2 call appearances. You could put a call on hold and answer another call. You could swap between the 2 calls via the softkey menu. If you have a need to support more than 2 call appearances, we recommend you to add another handset and assign the handset to the same service. With 2 handsets, you would be able to handle up to 4 call appearances.

Thanks,

Matthew Gen Lee

VoIP Application Developer Intern

6001 America Center Drive,  San Jose, CA 95002

T: +1 (408) 586 1450

CONNECT WITH POLY­

Facebook      Instagram      LinkedIn      Twitter      YouTube

HP Recommended

Thanks !

HP Recommended

Hi all: 

Attached to this message is an updated method to setup multiple lines on your VVX D230. This document was created for the 7.1.0 software release. Here is the google drive link for the document as well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jmlvFxGfL1ZdTzlFr5qSsnJWHqJvvkuq/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Matthew

HP Recommended

I am having trouble with placing a call on Hold and being able to pick it up from another handset. I have tried a few different configurations such as, (Broadsoft) SCA built on the primary user as the 2nd line, and also SCA on a separate user. Neither build seems able to see the call from Line 1 when it is placed on hold, and I can't pick it up from the 2nd handset. Registration is present on both handsets, and outbound calls work.

SP1 is set up correctly. 

Handset 1 is default, and working.

Handset 2 under DECT Wireless settings has sp1,pp as OutboundServices, and SP1 Service as the Primary Line.

Settings are default under Assign InboundCallRoute and Assign Outbound Services.

What settings would I need to change to be able to Hold and pick up from another handset??

HP Recommended

I figured this out as well.

Turns out you have to enable X_ShareLine for the SP you want to share the line on, as well as enabling the Handset to use whatever SP lines you want on the phone. 

I was able to add 4 lines and 4 SCA's per handset, using 2 handsets.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.