Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I do have two questions related to VVX D230 model, firmware version 7.0.1.

1/ We have just several phones, so these are deployed using manually created XML files delivered via TFTP server. Is is possible to specify multiple files in X_DeviceManagement.ITSPProvisioning / ConfigURL option? I'd like to split global (shared) configuration and phone specific one and phone must check both for update in regular interval.

2/ Release 7.0.1 introduced support for Generic Network Directory. Would it be possible to get more detail about what is supported (LDAP/text file? format?)? There are no details related to that feature available in the Administrator Guide.

Thank you in advance!

René

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @ReneW 

stating the above I tried with FTP and it did not work. I tested HTTP as documented and it worked.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @ReneW 

to answer your 1st question please check for example >here< on page 38. You can use a ; as a separator.

For your 2nd question, I have attached a sample XML file which you can unzip. Our technical writers are looking into documenting this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK

Thank you reply!

I made provisioning using multiple files successfully working but still struggling with network directory. I see that phone retrieves XML files but no contacts are available on the phone. Please find attached my configuration files:

- VVXD230_Shared.xml contains shared configuration like NTP servers, SIP proxy etc.

- MAC-ADDR.xml is phone specific configuration file (rename to avoid sharing of phone's MAC address)

- poly_corp_dir.xml is sample file that you provided

Network directory is defined using following options:

- VoiceService.1.VoiceProfile.1.Line.1.X_NetServices. / DirectoryService = Yes

- VoiceService.1.VoiceProfile.1.Line.1.X_NetServices.Dir / URL = <TFTP server url>

- VoiceService.1.VoiceProfile.1.Line.1.X_NetServices.Dir. / DirectoryType = Group

Best Regards,

René

HP Recommended

Hello @ReneW 

I am unable to provide free support via the community. Please open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @ReneW 

stating the above I tried with FTP and it did not work. I tested HTTP as documented and it worked.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK,

Definitely good news! Did you use HTTP for complete provisioning or just for directory file? I've just tested provisioning via TFTP with directory file via HTTP and still don't see any contacts on the phone :-(. Could you please provide me with full export of your phone configuration?

Best Regards,

René

HP Recommended

Hello @ReneW ,

I checked with product management and they confirmed the directory only supports HTTP or HTTPs. In my case, I used apache on a linux box.

I am nowhere near a phone at present so the next and quickest step would be to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK,

I finally made it working! Key information was that directory file must be provided via HTTP/S.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,

René

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.