Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys.

Have searched around for another issue like mine however it is very specific and I have yet to find a solution. Technical details below but TL;dr first.

We have VVX 400s at our stores and VVX 600s at our head office. We recently received a D60 as UC-One is proving extremely unreliable on the BYOD environment we currently have.

After much fenangling, I have managed to get the D60 base station to register against my VVX 600 via PC port. The settings page reports

1. VVX D60 Profile: Enabled
  2. Base Station: Paired
  3. Handsets: 0
  4. Intercom (Enabled)
  5. Find Handsets
  6. Map Lines

You would think the handset is simply not registered to the base, however, it is. I have tried multiple different iterations of connecting/pairing/registering/deregistering etc. It seems the handset will not register to the base station unless the base station is paired with the VVX 600. In fact, the base station seems to be completely unresponsive to either single presses or long presses to the "FIND" button.

• Dialing a number on the handset has it attempt to make a call for about 30 seconds before hanging up without ever having gone through.

• Another strange thing is trying to "Find handsets" has worked, Once, every other attempt after that and pressing the button on the VVX 600 does nothing.

• The handset also has the incorrect date/time, defaulting to 12:00am. The time counts up, but there appears to be no sync what-so-ever between the handset and the VVX 600.

• Tapping on the "Handsets: 0" button also sends it into an infinite loop of "Getting HS details"

• For troubleshooting purposes, I also setup the web portal and connected that way. I can connect to the base station this way, but doing so sends the portal into an infinite loop of "Getting handset details, please wait"
  • Going into any setting on the handset that requires communication with the VVX 600 (such as multi line setup or call forwarding) also causes it to display "Please wait" for awhile (thirty seconds to a few minutes) before booting you back out to the previous menu

I believe everything should be setup correctly and don't see why the handset can't communicate with the VVX 600 when they can both (seemingly) communicate with the base station just fine.

VVX software version: 5.4.1.1.14510

VVX D60 upgrade status: Not Triggered (Tapping the button does nothing)

VVX D60 Handset Software Version: v0.7.41

Pkg Version: Loading...(indefinitely)

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Christopher,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The first thing I would recommend is to upgrade to a currently supported Software version like UC Software 5.6.0 or at least 5.5.2 instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen.

Thank you for the reply.

We have applied the latest software (5.6.0 I believe) to one of our test VVX 400s. Same result I'm afraid. We've also tried the D60 on other VX 600s and 400s on the old software with no noticeable difference.

We have gotten the 'locate handset' ring to work once or twice more, though we can't seem to determine a cause. I suspect it rings once per phone, then some flag or timeout is set that causes it to not ring again.

We have also tried re-running through the qsetup on the VVX 400 but alas, no change. Any idea what else might be causing the issue?

Thank you regardless.

HP Recommended

Hello Christopher,

The next step would be raising a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.