Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We just recently received a D60 to test on VoIP network and I can't get past the handset registering. It fails each time I try to get it to register. I've factory reset both the handset and the base and I get the same issue. It's almost as if the base doesn't respond when the find button is pressed. 

Also I can get into the advanced config on the phone. When I log into web config portal using the "Polycom"  and "456" password I get limited menu options at the top: Home, Settings, and Utilities. 

Here's the phone details: 

Base Station Information Base Model VVX D60 Part Number XY600012090 MAC Address 64:16:7F:04:03:A7 Package Version VVX-D60_DSW-97\0 Firmware Version P-1.5_Release

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello Hostel_IT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Someone must have changed the password on the phone so you are unable to access the correct menus.

Also you have not told us yet what software version you have on the Phone as you need at least 5.4.3.

I suggest you work with whoever initially setup the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Just to add to this you need a VVX phone to support the D60 as it does not work on its own
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the welcome! 

We purchased the VVX-D60, so it has a base and it was brand new, so I doubt the password was changed. Although stranger things can happen. The software version report by the handset is v0.7.41. Does this mean I need to upgrade the software? If so how do I do that? 

HP Recommended
Hello

In oder for the D60 to work you also need a compatible VVX phone

The D60 on its own will not work

HP Recommended

I plan on using it with a VVX-500. 

Any ideas of the handset not registering with the base? Seems pretty easy to do but I can't get it to work. 

HP Recommended
Did you register the D60 with the VVX500 first?

HP Recommended

I have have the same problem.

Can't register vvx d60 to my vvx 600.

Running firmware 5.6.0 on desk phone.

Reset both hand set and the base, but it just will not work.

I have the PC port on the vvx 600 plugged into the Lan port on the VVX D60 basestation

HP Recommended

Hello Iters

please open a support ticket

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

How does one open a support ticket?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.