Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear PolyCom,

We are setting up IP telephony at our office and bought a mix of Polycom VVX 250's, VVX 150, SoundStation IP 5000, SoundStation IP 7000 and VVX D60. All devices work fine, with the exception of the VVX D60's. We have two of those and they are both paired to (different) VVX 250 devices. The pairing worked without issues, I can see the line on the handset and I can place/accept outgoing/incoming calls (both internal and external). However, whenever a call is active there is no audio at all (you hear nothing through the D60 handset and the other party hears nothing that is said through the D60).

I've already did research online but cannot seem to find a fix. Some details:

Base phone: VVX 250 running 6.0.0.4796 (but with the previous version the same issue occured)

VVX D60 running v0.7.70

The devices are connected to a FritzBox! 5490 telephone server.

Any advise on how to fix this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and with kind regards,

Frank

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @fjvdpeet ,

welcome to the Poly Community

This would need to come into support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply. We bought the phones online and manage them ourselves so I do indeed not know exactly who the Reseller is.

The Mac addresses are:

64:16:7F:04:12:7C

64:16:7F:04:12:F9

Once I know what the reseller is I'll raise a support ticket. They are new (by now a few months old) so they should be under warranty.

With kind regards,

Frank

HP Recommended

So I've posted this issue four weeks ago and have so far not received any useful information except to open a ticket which I somehow cannot do myself. And even a response to who my reseller is, which is the only one who can raise the ticket for me, did not occur in the past two weeks.

The same issue I have has been posted on this community years ago but because Polycom chooses to hide the knowledge on how to solve an issue like this behind private tickets that thread is of no use. Maybe there is a solution, maybe there isn't and it's just a bad product, but there is no way to know that without proper information from the manufactuer.

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/No-Sound-out-on-Polycom-VVX-D60/td-p/84844

I now have two devices that we want to use but simply can't and I don't think we can sent them back anymore because the time that has past in the meantime. I really hope Polycom comes with a proper solution or fix for this issue.

HP Recommended

Hello @fjvdpeet ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

As you can see by my signature me and other Poly Employees are simple volunteers and there is no official connection to our support infrastructure.

I assume you would know who you purchased these Units from and the first step would usually be to get back to that organisation. I tried internally and could not find any reseller for the two Mac's provided which is unusual.

For the reference article, I cannot find any Ticket ever opened and the original poster never followed this up.

I have a Fritz!Box myself and I never had an issue with any of our devices. I suggest you get a Wireshark trace and post this here so maybe another community member can try and help.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.