Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VVX D60 paired to a VVX411 that has worked fine across many SIP providers (generic, RingCentral,etc)

It had been working fine on Zoom, but recently something changed to stop the D60 from ringing or making calls.  From all indications the VVX D60 is paired properly and correctly reports the number of messages on the line configured at the VVX411.  Through the 411 I can even configure the D60 handset name so I know they are communicating at a fundamental level. It is only calling where things fall apart.  The D60 will not ring nor will it make calls.  Nor can I check messages.

Zoom is no help, they say because it isn't certified with them they won't troubleshoot.  The problem is the D60 works -through- the 411 so it is really just another handset.  Something is blocking the handoff though between the 411 and the D60 when it comes to calls.  I'm attatching my logs in hopes that someone at Poly can diagnose the issue so if at the least I can get back to Zoom and tell them what their provisioning problem is.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @svenskraft ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Our partner Zoom, which platform you are using, may have made changes to the configuration of the phone. As there was no backup attached we cannot comment.

Most likely this will not work as Zoom may overwrite the settings to make it work.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Didn't really want to upload the config as it contains sensitive info but if it helps to fix this here it is.

HP Recommended

Hello @svenskraft ,

You can always obfuscate sensitive information prior to uploading it to the Poly community. Only checked this quickly and compared this to a working backup I see Zoom is using a shared line.

The VVX D60 only supports Broadworks shared lines so most likely this will not work with Zoom.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Where do you see in the config where it says shared line?  

What is a Broadworks shared line?  Is there a way to have Zoom configure it like that so it will work?  I know that this D60 can work it seems like it is just a config issue with Zoom.

HP Recommended

Hello @svenskraft ,

this part:

reg.1.type="shared"

As already stated Zoom most likely will not work as they set this config.

In regards to Broadsoft shared line from our FAQ:

May 04, 2016 Question:Are there any known VVX D60 Wireless Handset Limitations or how do I pair a D60 to a VVX?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.