Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX Default Ring Tone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

VVX Default Ring Tone

Hi,

We have successfully deployed a number of VVX handsets in a Lync environment using a central provisioning server. We have deployed a custom ringtone from the central provisioning server that can be selected from the handsets ringtone menu without issue.  I would like to be able to set this as the default ringtone using the central configuration file.

Does anyone know that parameter that I can use to set the default ringtone?

Kind regards
Ben

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX Default Ring Tone

Hello Ben,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, although I've already seen and read that article.

I'm not interested in nsetting ringtones for particular calls or based on SIP headers etc, I just want to set the default ringtone globally through the configuration file but cannot clearly identify the parameter which does this.

Kind regards
Ben

Message 3 of 7

Hello Ben,

simply change it on one phone and then backup the configuration. This will show you the parameter that was changed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I'd also already tried this.

After changing the ringtone on the phone and uploading the configuraiton file, I then compared the mac.cfg file to our central.cfg file - there doesn't appear to be any difference, and there is nothing in the mac.cfg file that indicates any kind of parameter for the default ringtone.

Kind regards
Ben

Message 5 of 7
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help Steffan, the above did work... I was expecting to see it in the config file, and found it by uploading ALL files.

Message 6 of 7

Hello BenD,

Changes made to the phone via the GUI are uploaded as <mac>-phone.cfg.

Changes made via the Web Interface are uploaded as <mac>-web.cfg

The above is explained in :

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The phone never makes changes to the <mac>.cfg

In order to help others if for example the Medium Trill ring tone should be set:

np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern="ringer4"

For more details consult the Admin Guide or the above listed FAQ post. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 7 of 7