Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Clifforg,

This would be the working configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ExampleLineKeyAssignments 
lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" 
lineKey.1.category="Line" 
lineKey.1.index="1" 
up.numOfDisplayColumns="1" 
lineKey.5.category="BLF" 
lineKey.6.category="BLF" 
lineKey.7.category="BLF" 
lineKey.7.category="BLF"
attendant.resourceList.1.address="sip:1234@PBX" 
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Main" 
attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal" 
attendant.resourceList.2.address="sip:71@PBX" 
attendant.resourceList.2.label="Line1" 
attendant.resourceList.2.type="automata" 
attendant.resourceList.3.address="sip:72@PBX" 
attendant.resourceList.3.label="Line2" 
attendant.resourceList.3.type="automata" 
attendant.resourceList.4.address="sip:73@PBX" 
attendant.resourceList.4.label="Line3" 
attendant.resourceList.4.type="automata" 
/>

If the above does not work and you export the configuration and it is exactly like the above please contact your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hmm - that does work!!

Does the order of the items in the config make a difference? I'm not 100% sure why yours worked and mine didn't.

I  have one other issue with the BLFs.  These are BLF's pointing at slots in a parking lot.

If I have them configured as automata then our secretary is able to press the button to transfer the call to the slot.  On the users phone I have to have them configured as normal so that the user can press the button to retrieve the call.  On the secretary phone I am unable to hit the button to retrieve the call.  Is there a way to allow the button to do a transfer while in a call, or dial the slot when not in a call?

HP Recommended

Anything?

HP Recommended

Hello clifforg,

the Use Busy Lamp Field section in the Admin Guide explains the difference between Automata and Normal and this is working as designed.

Any change to the current software would require a feature request via a Polycom sales engineer. The details are elaborated within the FAQ.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Hmm - i'm guessing i'm not the only person trying to do this.

So what method would most people use to allow a secretary to park calls for a parking slot and then retrieve them?

Graham

HP Recommended

Hello Graham,

this all completely depends on the call server that is used.

You may want to look into the EFK FAQ as this offers suggestions for Parking calls via an EFK.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen,

We are using FreePBX 12 (Asterisk 13).

I've been playing with the EFK.  As far as I know I cannot put an EFK as a button on the expansion module?

I'm hoping that our secretary can have buttons that are the following

User A Line

ParkSlot1 for User A

ParkSlot2 for User A

User B Line

ParkSlot1 for User B

ParkSlot2 for User B

And she can press the park slot during a call to transfer the call to the slot, then press the park slot while not  in a call to retrieve the call.

M

HP Recommended

Hello Graham,

you coudl work with the efk.efklist functionality which can be assigned to a Speed Dial and the Speed Dial can be assigned to a key.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sounds interesting.  Any chance you could elaborate or provide an example?

HP Recommended

Hello Clifforg,

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.