Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX - Line Key Config

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

VVX - Line Key Config

I inadvertantly added 4 additional line keys thru Utilities > Line Key Config and now I can't remove .. everything I try give me a "Re-ordering of 'Registered lines' is not allowed."

Is there a trick to remove the lines via Line Key Config ?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX - Line Key Config

Hello kroberts,

The phone is running the factory software so I suggest to upgrade.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

In regards of the Reset to Factory:

Lines_Reset_ToDefault.PNG

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hello kroberts,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Testing this against a VVX410 running UCS 5.1.2 brings me automatically to the Line settings. Clicking at the bottom ro reset to defaults removes the newly added Line Key 2.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Visitor

Phone Information Phone Model VVX 500 Part Number 3111-44500-001 Rev:A MAC Address 00:04:F2:8B:CD:27 IP Address 10.11.12.179 UC Software Version 4.0.1.13922 BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.11299

Highlighted
Visitor

Sorry I just realized I didn't finish this response .. pressing 'reset' doesn't do anything at all ..

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

Hello kroberts,

The phone is running the factory software so I suggest to upgrade.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

In regards of the Reset to Factory:

Lines_Reset_ToDefault.PNG

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Visitor

perfect .. thanks and sorry i missed that!

Message 6 of 6