Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX Line key Join Paging Config

polyphoneuser456
Occasional Visitor

VVX Line key Join Paging Config

Looking for some help finding the right syntax to added a line key or softkey button to join a paging group. I have been looking over the Admin guide and the following FAQ. I see under the the feature key section, there is a "Join/Leave Page Group 1" but can not find the the exact config to enable it. I am testing with a VVX450 running 6.3.1.8227. Can this be done? My goal here is to be able to join a group or PTT page on the fly with out rebooting. 

FAQ:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-can-I-use-PTT-Push-To-Talk-Paging-Page/m-p/...

Poly Docs:

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/obi-ag-631/page/OBiPhoneAdminGuide/customizing_devices/TOC_Feat...

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-6-3-0/page/r-ucs-ag-mapping-internal-key-functions.html

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX Line key Join Paging Config

Hello ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Are you talking about on the fly changing, for example, the ptt.pageMode.group.X.available or ptt.channel.X.available?

If yes then this is not possible as the phone joins these during the boot-up process.

You could potentially use the REST API to re-configure the phone but I am not sure about the actual use case and it would require a reboot.

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
polyphoneuser456
Occasional Visitor

Can ptt.pageMode.enable or ptt.pttMode.enable be enabled without a reboot? If so can they be enabled or disabled with a line or softkey?

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @polyphoneuser456 ,

via the Web Interface you can enable both the ptt.pttMode.enable and the ptt.pageMode.enable

You can also do this via the REST API:

curl -k -d "{\"data\": {\"ptt.pageMode.enable\": \"1\",\"ptt.pttMode.enable\": \"1\" }}" -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://Polycom:789@10.252.149.71/api/v1/mgmt/config/set

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

You could look at doing this via the Web Browser aka the Application but to my own personal knowledge, you cannot do this via a Soft or Line Key.

You can define a Line / Softkey to open a browser and do it that way.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @polyphoneuser456 ,

I looked at this again as the software version you posted does not match a GA released UC Software so is this question about a VVX running the UC Software or the Obi Edition?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 5 of 5