Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Lync 2013; Lync client version 15.0.4693.1000

VVX410 UC version 5.2.0.8330

BToE Connector Version 2.3.0

There seems to be some delay loading contact information in our VVX phones. I am using a VVX410 with 2 color expansion modules. The Lync account I am using has 38 contacts in the "Favorites" list. When the phone pairs with Lync, some of the contacts are loaded right off the bat without any issues (full name listed with all phone numbers). However, the majority of the contacts are loaded with just the login name and their sip URL (no phone numbers). Presence information on these incomplete items is not always loaded. Over time, some of the contacts are updated with the full information but others haven't changed in days.

Why? Is this standard behavior? Is there a configuration setting I can change that will increase the refresh? I'm using the recommended Lync configuration file settings on our provisioning server. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello LeanIT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A single community member MDominik13 opened 1-731244691 as advised but checking the case it seems a different issue was discussed but never followed up by MDominik13 itself.

Without this we are unable to verify this issue.

As already outlined we therefore require you to raise any issues via your Polycom reseller so they can open a ticket with Polycom support.

I have heard of a similar issue internally, VOIP-98691, but in order to verify this we need you to escalate this as described above so we can compare your findings. Please make sure your reseller quotes this number.

Please ensure you provide the per device LYNC license or LYNC order SKU when you raise a ticket via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello MDominik13,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This should be pretty straight forward to replicate.

Please ensure you provide the per device LYNC license or LYNC order SKU when you raise a ticket via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Your response is unclear. You tell me it should be easy to replicate and to be sure to provide Lync info to my service rep (which I don't have right now). Are you saying you can't help and that I should contact support?

HP Recommended

Hello MDominik13,

Issues brought up here are not automatically added as a service ticket.

We therefore require you to raise any issues you are classing as a bug via your Polycom reseller so they can open a ticket with Polycom support.

I have heard of a similar issue internally, VOIP-98691, but in order to verify this we need you to escalate this as described above so we can compare your findings. Please make sure your reseller quotes this number.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

FWIW, I am also experiencing this issue with the latest software versions as you, but only when connected to our secondary Lync site. When connected to our primary site, everything works fine.

HP Recommended

Hello AlphaTheory,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I can only recommend the same as I suggested to the previous user so please go ahead and log a Ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have a ticket open with Polycom and was told I would here from their support team. I'll let you know if and when I get an answer.

HP Recommended

Hello MDominik13,

Could you share the Ticket reference starting with 1- ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

1-731244691

HP Recommended

Is there an update on this? Sure enough, after several days all the information has been populated, but it's still not 100% complete and displays inactive users.

I pulled out a spare VVX500 I had which had firmware version 4.x. I tried several random 4.x versions and several 5.0 and 5.1 versions, all which exhibited the same behavior. I'm starting to wonder if the latest CU for Lync Server has caused the incompatibility, because this issues only occurs with newly deployed phones or phones that we associate to our newly deployed Lync site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.