Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to setup our DHCP server with the correct options and have run into an issue with the VVX 250 and VVX450 phone not applying the NTP option from the DHCP server. I have both option 4 and option 42 set.

Option 4 is Time Server

Option 42 are NTP Servers

The only non standard DHCP option set is 144 for VLAN assignment.

I searched the KB but only found one reference.

KB Article 11393 

This article states that it is not supported because "No, There is a standard DHCP option for this purpose." 

Options 4 and 42 are part of the RFC-2132 standard Option 42 is in section 8.3 (1997)

I also found this admin guide vvx-obi-admin-6-4-1 that shows option 42 is supported.

What do I need to do to get NTP configured on DHCP server recognized by the VVX phone?

thank you for your time.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Paul Roy ,

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so I moved this here.

As Poly offers the UC Software or Obi Edition it would be of interest to which software and version of this you are running on the VVX as this helps us answer your question.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am not sure which version the phone is running, how can I tell which version the phone is running?

Thank you for your time.

Paul

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello @Paul Roy ,

Our FAQ contains this newly updated:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software or Obi Edition Version or the Updater / BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I could not get to the web interface but her are screen captures from the phone.

  

HP Recommended

Hello @Paul Roy ,

The phone is running the "normal" UC Software.

Simply pressing 1,4 and 7 for two seconds should show you the most important information.

UC Software supports the DHCP option 4 or 42 or both and I have this setup in my own lab.

I suggest you check this:

Aug 24, 2015 Question:What basic network data is sent and received by a Poly phone?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.