Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX Phone random paging.

Occasional Contributor

VVX Phone random paging.

At one of the facilities I manage we have a number of VVX411 phones.  About a week or so ago once or twice a day a page would randomly go out to all of them.  The page says it is coming from "Unknown".  I have no idea where it is coming from.  Has anyone here ran across this issue before or have any insight on a solution.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX Phone random paging.

Hello @MilesR ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Did you ever solve your other issue >here<?

For your new issue with your yet unknown software version are these "real" pages? Aka is there any Audio submitted? How many phones are being paged and are they all in the same network?

The FAQ here:

Jan 21, 2014 Question: How can I use PTT / Push To Talk / Paging / Page ?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Includes troubleshooting that may help you to find the source. Is this on a specific channel? 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

I apologize for the lack of information.  These do not seem to be "real" pages as the pager says "unknown" but it does have an audible ring tone (the default paging tone). 

All the phones are on the same network. There are about 14 of them.

Software version:  6.3.0.14929

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @MilesR ,

Did you ever solve your other issue >here<?

For your paging issues setup some logs and see if they come in via the channels you are actually using to track this down. You can then unsubscribe from those if not used.

Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4