Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there an issue using Pin Authentication with the VVX phones in a Lync 2013 environment? I have had 2 examples now( 2 different companies) that have had issues. The phone will sign in just fine with pin auth, then after the phone gets loaded it will reboot. This reboot cycle will continue to happen. The phone will get to the main screen logged in and reboot.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello jwhealen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

These phones are brand new. They were purchased as the Lync only VVX phones. The licenses were purchased at the time the phones were bought.

A new issue that has come up with the phones. It appears the phones will take a long time to download files from the FTP server. After doing network traces it appears we can see the phone re-trys to download the new firmware multiple times. It just keeps failing.

HP Recommended

Hello jwhealen,

you still have not provided the currently used software Version.

If thse phones are in warranty (as they are new) and are having the relevant LYNC per phone license you should easily open a Ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@jwhealen wrote:

Is there an issue using Pin Authentication with the VVX phones in a Lync 2013 environment? I have had 2 examples now( 2 different companies) that have had issues. The phone will sign in just fine with pin auth, then after the phone gets loaded it will reboot. This reboot cycle will continue to happen. The phone will get to the main screen logged in and reboot.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

We use PIN Authentication in our Lync 2013 environment after we found out that phones could lock users out after password expire and they change it on their computer but forget to change it on their phone.  I don't know what all is in your environment, software version, QoS settings, provisioning, etc so I can't really say for sure what might be causing it.  Are you using the Lync server or FTP for provisioning?

@jwhealen wrote:

These phones are brand new. They were purchased as the Lync only VVX phones. The licenses were purchased at the time the phones were bought.

A new issue that has come up with the phones. It appears the phones will take a long time to download files from the FTP server. After doing network traces it appears we can see the phone re-trys to download the new firmware multiple times. It just keeps failing.

Have you taken a look at the new 5.2.0 firmware?  It slimmed down the load file from something like 435 MBs to 158 MBs.  When phones download new firmware I've seen the same phone hit our FTP server multiple times but it will download the whole file.  In versions prior to 5.2 it typically takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes to fully upgrade a phone.  What are you using for an FTP server?  In my experience Filezilla has been rock solid for our needs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.