Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys

I recently patched our Broadsoft platform which is running 20sp1 and noticed that the phones then stopped working with DMS.  At looking at the phone logs it appears to be due to the use of TLS v1.2 which was added via a container option on the XSP's.  The phone logs stated:

0313062601|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0313062601|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0313062602|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0313062602|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0313062603|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0313062603|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version

This happens for both 5.5.1 and 5.4.3 - I have not tried other versions of software load.

Is TLS 1.2 supported on Polycom phones?  Is someone able to comment if they have had this before and if they managed to overcome it?  Ideally I dont want to start splitting up applications on our XSP's but it seems as though I may have to...

Cheers

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Can we get this into support?

Can you try and from Web interface Settings > Network > TLS  -- verify SSLV2/V3 enabled as shown in below image.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I have already tried the steps you have detailed but still no joy....

I have managed to engage Broadsoft on this and have managed to find a fix.....

The issue was seen due to running the Broadsoft UC-One application for the IOS clients.  As the clients also connect via DMS via the XSP's the container option needed to be changed as per:

http://xchange.broadsoft.com/php/xchange/node/492496

With the TLS version changed to v1.2 on the XSP as a whole the DMS application was unable to communicate to the Polycom devices which seem to only be able to handle TLS v1??  The container option was then changed to:

platform            bw.apache.sslenabledprotocols                                                     -ALL +TLSv1 +TLSv1.2

This allows both v1 and v1.2 to be allowed on the XSP, which in turn also appears to allow the Polycom devices to communicte effectively.

Again I'm not sure if Polycom supports v1.2 TLS??

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

Newer Software should support natively but try the below:

<test device.set="1" 
	device.sec.TLS.profile.cipherSuiteDefault1.set="1" 
	device.sec.TLS.profile.cipherSuiteDefault1="0" 
	device.sec.TLS.profile.cipherSuite1.set="1"
	device.sec.TLS.profile.cipherSuite1="ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384"/>

If this fails open a ticket.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

DO you mean "disabled" or enabled. ? Picture shows disabled, but you say enabled. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.